• 6976 Solutions
7 REPLIES 7

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
That's a lovely looking trio!

It's good to see more and more of these scams being shut down:)
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I love the fact that the police managed to identify one of them as being "the brains" of the outfit.  By the looks of them, that would be the only one who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I love the fact that the police managed to identify one of them as being "the brains" of the outfit.  By the looks of them, that would be the only one who can walk and chew gum at the same time.

Smiley LOL

No, not a brain between them but managed a nice few quid out of it.

Message 4 of 8

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
grin accurate description grin
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good find Jonsie! The less scammers out there the better slight_smile

Just a note to say that if there any customers out there who are concerned that they may have been the victim of a scam like this or something similar, you can report the incident to our customer service team and we will forward the details on to investigate it further to the best of our ability.

As a general rule, if in doubt, don't give any personal details such as DOB, bank account number, sort code to a caller claiming to be from O2, if they are genuine ask them for a number that you can call them back on, and then you can call O2 customer services knowing you are speaking direct with the network who will be able to check whether the information you have been given is correct.

I know this may sound obvious to a lot of people but sometimes it is very easy to be tricked into a false sense of security when someone may call saying they are calling from O2/Carphone Warehouse as you know you have a contract with them so it makes sense for them to be contacting you.

Message 6 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good find jonsie, the more of these characters caught the better! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 7 of 8

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Good advice Miss_cahill slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 8 of 8