Off Topic Room 101

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WELCOME to the DUNGEON of the COMMUNITY OFF-TOPIC GANG known as

room-101.jpg

We have members of the Community Off-Topic Gang. We have the Naughty Step.

Now we have our very own ROOM 101, where the members of the Community Off-Topic Gang can banish there dislikes - not people - but events can be banished...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 763
762 REPLIES 762

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you everyone for your votes, which have been counted and here are the results.

Those subjects with more "yes" than "no" votes will go into Room 101.

02 COMMUNITY: Off Topic

- cricket as subject for wordsearch                              yes 3   no 6 [doesn`t go in] 

- golf as subject for wordsearch                                  yes 4   no 5 [doesn`t go in]

- geography as subject for wordsearch                       yes 0   no 9 [doesn`t go in]

- dance moves as subject for wordsearch                    yes 5   no 4 [goes in]

DRIVING/PARKING:

- parking across two parking bays                                yes 9   no 0 [goes in]

- vehicles not using indicators                                       yes 9   no 0 [goes in]

- hogging the middle lane of a motorway                   yes 8   no 1 [goes in]

- "undertaking" [overtaking on the inside lane]         yes 7   no 2 [goes in]

- non-disabled parking in disabled parking bays         yes 8   no 1 [goes in]

- not obeying rules on yellow boxes at junction          yes 9   no 0 [goes in]

- not obeying rules on entering a roundabout            yes 9   no 0 [goes in]

- not being in crown of the road to turn right             yes 9  no 0 [goes in]

- not using bell on bicycle as warning                           yes 7  no 2 [goes in]

COMPANIES/PRODUCTS:

- charging for trivial items [e.g. butter for scone, ketchup for chips]  yes 9  no 0 [goes in]

- supermarkets making customer find £1 coin for trolley                     yes 4  no 5 [doesn`t go in]

- napkins which don`t absorb                                                                  yes 8  no 1 [goes in]

- street questionnaires                                                                             yes 9  no 0 [goes in]

- charities embarassing people to sign up to direct debit                     yes 9  no 0 [goes in]

- time share scams                                                                                    yes 9  no 0 [goes in]

HABITS:

- trying to open the door or emergency window on airplane             yes 8  ? 1 [goes in]

POLITICS:

- ducking the question                                                                            yes 8  no 1 [goes in]

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 521 of 763

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
The following are added to the list of subjects sent into Room 101:

02 COMMUNITY: Off Topic

- dance moves as subject for wordsearch

DRIVING/PARKING:

- parking across two parking bays                                

- vehicles not using indicators                                       

- hogging the middle lane of a motorway                   

- "undertaking" [overtaking on the inside lane]         

- non-disabled parking in disabled parking bays         

- not obeying rules on yellow boxes at junction          

- not obeying rules on entering a roundabout            

- not being in crown of the road to turn right             

- not using bell on bicycle as warning                           

COMPANIES/PRODUCTS:

- charging for trivial items [e.g. butter for scone, ketchup for chips]  

- napkins which don`t absorb                                                                  

- street questionnaires                                                                             

- charities embarassing people to sign up to direct debit                     

- time share scams

HABITS:

- trying to open the door or emergency window on airplane             

POLITICS:

- ducking the question                                                                           

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 522 of 763

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Mi-Amigo
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

what happened to toilet paper @Mi-Amigo 

Hi @jonsie 

I haven`t forgotten.

Suggestions for the next batch of subjects to send into Room 101 is now open and your suggestion of Izal-type toilet paper is the first subject in the next batch.

I will post the full list of subjects which have been sent into Room 101 leter today.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 524 of 763

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

what happened to toilet paper @Mi-Amigo 

Hi @jonsie 

I haven`t forgotten.

Suggestions for the next batch of subjects to send into Room 101 is now open and your suggestion of Izal-type toilet paper is the first subject in the next batch.

I will post the full list of subjects which have been sent into Room 101 leter today.

That's good because once it's in there I can stop using it.... Mexican Wave

Message 525 of 763

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I will definitely be voting against sending Izal into Rm 101, as it has saved me money over the years, but perhaps an explanation is due....

Occasionally my teenage girls used to use ridiculous amounts of the normal bog paper, and this was the time to replace it with Evil Izal, and explain about household finances not being unlimited - problem solved (for a while at least)

Bwahahaha

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 526 of 763

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Projectionist wrote:

I will definitely be voting against sending Izal into Rm 101, as it has saved me money over the years, but perhaps an explanation is due....

Occasionally my teenage girls used to use ridiculous amounts of the normal bog paper, and this was the time to replace it with Evil Izal, and explain about household finances not being unlimited - problem solved (for a while at least)

Bwahahaha

Yes but...... SAVLON all round 😔😂😂 OUCH! Cheaper for soft, very soft triple ply tissue using both sides 😂😂😂

Message 527 of 763

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10765 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions
Is it really still on sale?

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 528 of 763

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It is but there are no major stockists now. I think it should be mandatory in our prisons Good Idea

You can find most things on eBay.....LOL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Izal-Toilet-Roll-Medicated-Toilet-Paper-Roll-Brand-New/254314128398?epid=...

10 days delivery so order well in advance of your likely needs Smiley Surprised

Message 529 of 763

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

It is but there are no major stockists now. I think it should be mandatory in our prisons Good Idea

You can find most things on eBay.....LOL

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Izal-Toilet-Roll-Medicated-Toilet-Paper-Roll-Brand-New/254314128398?epid=...

10 days delivery so order well in advance of your likely needs Smiley Surprised

I've just checked that @jonsie . Loved the selling blurb for it ie

Izal Toilet Roll Medicated Toilet Paper Roll Brand New

Thank goodness for that!! It's also £1.99 a roll??

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 530 of 763