Off Topic Room 101

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

WELCOME to the DUNGEON of the COMMUNITY OFF-TOPIC GANG known as

room-101.jpg

We have members of the Community Off-Topic Gang. We have the Naughty Step.

Now we have our very own ROOM 101, where the members of the Community Off-Topic Gang can banish there dislikes - not people - but events can be banished...

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 763
762 REPLIES 762

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
While I agree with you about the light, it is the change in time that annoys me the most.
Getting up early is difficult enough without losing an hour of sleep!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 31 of 763

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I must be the only one who likes it. I love natural light and think it's grreat when it doesn't get dark till 10pm.

It has been tried before and wasn't popular if I remember correctly?

You remember correctly @Cleoriff it was hated. Dark mornings and evenings. It was late 60s, early 70s I believe. I remember it because I hadn't been in England all that long. No one liked it including me, and I'm a night person!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 32 of 763

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Also regarding other EU countries doing this, Spain certainly did. Having an apartment there, the guys in reception were quite pleaed when I notified them. A Message was always posted in the main reception area for the residents.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 763

Projectionist
  • 275 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

I would suggest putting Brexit in Room 101, but methinks that's already been done - hopefully it'll quietly rot away in some dank corner, and we can all reduce it to a bad dream...

We could even call it Malice in Blunderland devil

Using Pixel 4 ( O2 + 1pMobile) , Samsung E1182 ( geosim + dtac)
Message 34 of 763

Cleoriff
  • 122356 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Projectionist wrote:

I would suggest putting Brexit in Room 101, but methinks that's already been done - hopefully it'll quietly rot away in some dank corner, and we can all reduce it to a bad dream...

Seconded!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 35 of 763

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I dislike the time changes simply because it alters the times I can get in touch with family in Thailand who don't have any such nonsense. I could care less when I'm there even though the problem is reversed. I'm in contact with my wife several times a day but when I'm there I only contact family maybe once a week.
Message 36 of 763

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Projectionist wrote:

Seconded!!

Oh I definitely agree with that. Somehow Brexit has fallen by the wayside: good riddance to bad rubbish I say!!!!

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 37 of 763

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

While British Summer Time remains the subject of discussion as to whether or not it should be destined to Off Topic Room 101, are there any songs - and "No" Firestarter is definitely not going in - or TV shows you want to send in?

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 38 of 763

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Jeremy Kyle can go.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 39 of 763

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 40 of 763