Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

#O2Surprises

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I've been watching the @O2 Twittersphere, for the #O2Surprises hashtag, quel surprise!

What do you reckon is in the famous blue O2 box?

IMG_20180607_224032.jpg

Message 1 of 110
109 REPLIES 109

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

Something I never ever thought I would need....a Blue Badge!

Do you have an executive vehicle to put it on @jonsiekissing_heart

Unfortunately not. I doubt very much that I will ever drive anything ever again....frowning2

Message 91 of 110

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Unfortunately not. I doubt very much that I will ever drive anything ever again....frowning2

You might think that now @jonsie but I don't believe it.

I know many people with amputations who are driving adapted cars and riding adapted motorbikes.

If Billy Monger, who lost both legs in that terrible accident at Donnington, is driving again in F3 a year after that event, then I'm sure you will drive again. Hug

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 92 of 110

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe when I get home but I won't be buying anything here and you can't claim mobility allowance any more if you are over 64. Can't claim soddin' much truth be known!

Message 93 of 110

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie, will the Blue Badge help you in any way? ... I sincerely hope so Hug

Message 94 of 110

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It will help whoever drives me. It's not easy at the moment at Supermarkets when shopping to get the wheelchair in and out of my sons car. Now we can park in the disabled bays which have ample room for that.

Also my carer is taking me to the town hall for a bus pass so we can park in the disabled bays near or on the road.

Message 95 of 110

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It will help whoever drives me. It's not easy at the moment at Supermarkets when shopping to get the wheelchair in and out of my sons car. Now we can park in the disabled bays which have ample room for that.

Also my carer is taking me to the town hall for a bus pass so we can park in the disabled bays near or on the road.

Pleased to hear this @jonsie slight_smile

Do you think, that maybe, in the not-too-distant future you may venture out on a bus? kissing_heart

Message 96 of 110

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Maybe in the not too distant future @Anonymous but I now plan day to day rather than keep being disappointed with setbacks.

Message 97 of 110

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

Maybe in the not too distant future @Anonymous but I now plan day to day rather than keep being disappointed with setbacks.

That sounds a good plan @jonsie Hug

Message 98 of 110

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jonsie 2nd hand electric 'scooters' can be bought here for a reasonable price ... something for you to check out in your area? ... only trying to help where I can Hug

I too live my life a day at a time Cat

Message 99 of 110

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Hi I refuse to buy one @Anonymous, quite apart from the cost being inhibition, it's really annoying. You pay into a scheme for 50 years,still paying tax out of my pension, then when you retire and need help, because you are over 64 you can't get mobility allowance ffs! I'm done with it all. I feel sorry for the Social worker coming to see me tomorrow afternoon,  I am really going to let rip at her. Today I'm on the way to see what the hospital are going to do to try and help.

Who knows, when I get home there may well be a nice shiny scooter court.e of #O2Surprises. ...

Message 100 of 110