cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 upgrade same and new customer deal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if any one can shed some light for me?  I finally got through to O2 yesterday to arrange for my upgrade to the iphone 5.  They have offered me the upgrade and the deal on £36 a month and I have to for the phone.  I then looked at the web site and this is exactly the same deal as new customers are offered so how is this an upgrade?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
No threats - just want the same deal as new customers - otherwise I might consider not upgrading and relocating my home phone/broadband/and mobile to a cheaper supplier
You will get the same deal as new customes - That is O2's policy
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 14

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Always go for the cheapest provider that suits your needs.

Loyalty is a thing of the past.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 have been giving everyone the same deal for the best part of a year or so.

It's unfair for new customers to get better deals than existing customers. Same the other way round.

Fairness is about treating everyone equally and not disadvantaging anyone. So therefore its fair that O2 offers the same deals to everyone.

"Upgrade" is a term for renewing your contract, usually meaning you get a better phone than your last one. Price doesn't come into it.
Message 13 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Everyone wants something for nothing these days

Message 14 of 14