cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 upgrade same and new customer deal

Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if any one can shed some light for me?  I finally got through to O2 yesterday to arrange for my upgrade to the iphone 5.  They have offered me the upgrade and the deal on £36 a month and I have to for the phone.  I then looked at the web site and this is exactly the same deal as new customers are offered so how is this an upgrade?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I always thought an upgrade meant you were upgrading your handset and not a guarantee you will get a better tariff deal than the standard deals, also with the new iphone 5 that is probably why no deals due to the demand. 

Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I thought I would be paying the same for the contract but cant believe I have to pay towards the handset.  O2 are not really encouraging exisiting customers to stay with them are they when there are better deals out there.

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree, customer loyalty does not seem to count for much.

Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Better hope that o2 offers me the same deals as available on the web site for my upgrade or else there will some long irate phone calls from me

@Anonymous wrote:

I wonder if any one can shed some light for me?  I finally got through to O2 yesterday to arrange for my upgrade to the iphone 5.  They have offered me the upgrade and the deal on £36 a month and I have to for the phone.  I then looked at the web site and this is exactly the same deal as new customers are offered so how is this an upgrade?

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 5 of 14

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Better hope that o2 offers me the same deals as available on the web site for my upgrade or else there will some long irate phone calls from me

Nothing like getting your threats in before you ask is there? Smiley Indifferent

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loyalty perks aren't available anymore, everyone gets the same deal, making threats won't get you anywhere, 

Message 7 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143421 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'd be more than happy to let you take your threats to threaten me somewhere else wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I bet if you didn't want a fashion accessory in the Iphone 5 and went for a better phone in the S3 you would not have to make any contribution to the cost of the phone. 

Amazing how people pay so much for a phone that ultimately is made up from parts of other companies, worse of all is that some of those parts are inferior parts made by Samsung for Apple. 

Apple make 68% profit on each phone yet make none of the parts. Rip Off. 

Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
No threats - just want the same deal as new customers - otherwise I might consider not upgrading and relocating my home phone/broadband/and mobile to a cheaper supplier
Message 10 of 14