Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 advertising

Chris24
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am wondering if an O2 employee can provide an explanation for the advertising campaign titled “Make America Cheap Again”. I am shocked that it has not been complained about more and wonder has there been negative feedback? I personally find it deeply offence due to the political connotations and am surprised that this has been chosen as a slogan! A response would be grateful. Thanks
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

I was reading up on this Electoral College thing and I recall, it was set up to prevent the larger populated states dictating their preference on the others literally by volume. Can't say that its fair or not but then again, our system isn't much better with the concentrated volumes around large cities having more politicians than a geographical area has. 

And I don't think proportional representation is the way forward either as it forces you to pick someone as second choice. If I recall a few years ago the Welsh assembly (another waste of political space and money) did that and to be frank, the choices were people not even in the region but you had to pick two others. Personally, I think we should stick them in an egg and spoon race to determine who gets into office. Alternate competitions are available yahoo

Still one thing that has come out of this and other worldwide voting is the realisation that change comes with a vote and if you don't vote, this is what you'll get and you're stuck with it for a set number of years.  

...but back to the OP's point....is it me or has North America roaming gone up considerably in the last couple of years?

Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hadn't seen it myself but Googled and here's a link to twitter

https://twitter.com/o2/status/993767917039882240?lang=en

I think this is quite deliberate considering it's Trump's main communication channel, as it is probably going to be returned when anyone searches his infamous election slogan.

As cheap is of course relative, I guess if they've reduced the price by a couple of pence they can claim to have made it cheap in the same way as a clothes store selling shirts for £24.99 can legitimately say it's under £25, it is but not by much.

Message 22 of 24

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

All the replies in the tweet are basically saying that in order to get this so called cheaper roaming, you have to upgrade. Whatever this 'deal' is offering, it doesn't match Three's 'Feel At Home' tariffs.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 23 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino

Interesting thing about Three when comparing it to the other Mobile Network Operators (those that have built a transmission and routing infrastructure) is that unlike the others, it's parent, Hutchison Whampoa and latterly CK Hutchison isn't limited to making it's money from telecom services.

It's portfolio includes port services as well as retail, investments and infrastructure services which means it has very deep pockets and it took Three UK a number of years to actually make a profit so it was being propped up by Hutchison.

Therefore I don't think any of the other MNOs in the UK could realistically afford to match that, for the moment at least.

Message 24 of 24