Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

November 5

Pipstop78
Level 9: Fired up
  • 526 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I no lots of people like having fire works going off but really should go and see a display my dog is ok with loud noises but some dogs are frighten. My friends dog has to be put in the bath cause he's so scared wish the government would only let people buy fire works on November the 5th 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Totally agree @Pipstop78 

Some advice from the Dogs Trust. Do NOT walk your dog at night when fireworks are going off.

Keep your dog on a lead at all times. If fireworks go off many dogs are a flight risk. They will run away. Some have been known to have heart attacks due to fireworks. I have cats and we close down all access in and out of the house once it's 'firework season'.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

My cat is lucky(?)....completely deaf so the fireworks don't bother him at all

Message 3 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

My cat is lucky(?)....completely deaf so the fireworks don't bother him at all

Lucky Chester, I say! Pops, bangs, fizzes and crackles drive Thorin, our German Shepherd, nuts, unsettling him completely. The other mutt and the cat seem less disturbed by them. 

So my avatar shall be a single firework, for one day only - gunpowder, treason and plot! Thankfully, fireworks are restricted to Halloween here, Guy Fawkes is not really a thing, so 🤞

Message 4 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122359 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Lucky you @pgn having restrictions! In the UK and just before Halloween, fireworks begin. They go off randomly throughout November and December until the big finale on NYE. The council aren't having a display this year, which is just as well, as they used Jubilee Park which is just at the back of us. Not so bad now we only have two cats but at one time (when we had 6) it was a military operation getting them all in before the bangs started.😟

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

We have had the odd one going off since they started selling them.

Last night was "bad" due to it being diwali, but I expect this weekend to be loud and busy as well.

There is a local display near us in a park. We are going to watch from a friends garden as they live near it, but will be blocking our cats in before we leave.

They don't seem too bothered, but rather not take any chances...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Lucky you @pgn having restrictions!

Well, not that such pyrotechnics and bonfires are not a feature of this part of the UK, @Cleoriff, just as this article shows, they start in the summer 😉

I wonder how many domestic pets wander into such ginormous, behemoth, towers of pallets, tyres, and anything else that burns.

Oh, and other things you might have thought are not combustible are fair game too... 😬

Message 7 of 7