53 REPLIES 53

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

You seem to be enjoying the new Nexus 4:smileyhappy:

I really like this phone Steve, nothing on it apart from Google stuff, so you have a clean sheet to work with.

I am still learning my way around and wouldn't suggest it to anyone who hadn't used Android before.

I would be so much better if I had a good signal here so I'm another looking forward to Tu Go.

I had the latest update come through immediately so all is good.

Using wireless mainly though it's excellent for online use and incredibly fast. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 51 of 54

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

You seem to be enjoying the new Nexus 4:smileyhappy:

I really like this phone Steve, nothing on it apart from Google stuff, so you have a clean sheet to work with.

I am still learning my way around and wouldn't suggest it to anyone who hadn't used Android before.

I would be so much better if I had a good signal here so I'm another looking forward to Tu Go.

I had the latest update come through immediately so all is good.

Using wireless mainly though it's excellent for online use and incredibly fast. slight_smile

er, like me? Smiley LOL

Message 52 of 54

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

er, like me? Smiley LOL

Not an au fait tech expert like you sheepdog, but I think for a first smart phone it would be a bit daunting.:smileyhappy:

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 53 of 54

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Strangely, I do find it a touch frustrating then again I prefer the old fashioned command line way of getting things done than touchy-feely-whats-that-icon-again-to-make-a-call. 

I recently discovered that google have a beta handwriting recognition available for chrome searches which I'd like to see migrate to other apps especially for Evernote.That and Google Voice is a boon as it impressed my mother.

Message 54 of 54