Did you mean: 

Newspapers or online news?

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

Newspapers, apps, websites, TV ... information is very readily available these days, but I'm sure we all have different habits and ways of getting it. 

Screenshot 2019-01-29 at 11.46.02.png

Do you check the news everyday, and if so what's your favourite way to do so? Do you have any apps or website you like to check, and even gets notifications from? Or are you subscribed to a newspaper or magazine that you read regularly?

I only really read the Time Out magazine handed out at tube stations on Tuesdays, and otherwise check news on various websites throughout the day to get different perspectives and stories.

What about you? nerd

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122352 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@EmilieT

Yes it's the same paper each week. However when I totted up all the news apps I DO use, I think they outweigh the newspaper I buy Lol

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 17

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The TV mag is just for night time listings to see if there is anything worth recording to watch at my leisure. I never read the first pages as I don't want to know what to expect in the programmes, I would much rather see for myself.

Message 12 of 17

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Marjo slight case of Pi addiction. My cupboard is full of Raspberry Pi's of various models and even more add-on boards that I buy in the attempt of starting an interesting project but yet haven't found a lot of time to do. So far I've put in Pi Zero in old external CD-Drive case, another Zero in a projector which is a favourite of mine and another one (currently on hold) to transmit TV over the home network. 

Message 13 of 17

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@jonsie

That's fair, I wouldn't want to be "spoiled" on the programmes either, if I had a TV! 

@sheepdog

Oh wow open_mouth What's the interesting project you haven't had time to start yet, if that's not too much to ask (or a secret)?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 14 of 17

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@EmilieT Should have written "projects". There are ahem, a few, that I want to try out but get sidelined by another one. I'm making an effort to get one a month done this year. 

Message 15 of 17

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@EmilieT Should have written "projects". There are ahem, a few, that I want to try out but get sidelined by another one. I'm making an effort to get one a month done this year. 

....except for January Whistle

Message 16 of 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions

Hi @Marjo  and @EmilieT
The weather app and News app were installed with phone so assume it's Microsoft
I don't add apps just use installed. If I want to check or expand info I use internet and search on a particular story I'm interested in.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 17 of 17