cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Railways 'dead zones' for mobiles, report reveals

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Railways 'dead zones' for mobiles, report reveals.

Excerpts from the Link "A comprehensive test of the state of mobile connectivity on Britain's busiest commuter routes has revealed much of the rail network is a blackspot for coverage."

My thoughts :

It's a shame trains don't have a wifi system built in to hook up to which would help. I've been frustrated at times when travelling on the East Coast Trains ,and I simply get 'No Service'

Source : BBC News.
Read more here : http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29641950
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Headline : Railways 'dead zones' for mobiles, report reveals.

Excerpts from the Link "A comprehensive test of the state of mobile connectivity on Britain's busiest commuter routes has revealed much of the rail network is a blackspot for coverage."

My thoughts :

It's a shame trains don't have a wifi system built in to hook up to which would help. I've been frustrated at times when travelling on the East Coast Trains ,and I simply get 'No Service'

Source : BBC News.
Read more here : http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29641950

...lets face it, if trains did have wifi, it would be SERIOUSLY slow - what with everyone on the train trying to connect at the same time!!!

Perhaps they need to invest in mobile masts which are actually inside the trains?!?!?! Thoughful

Message 2 of 3

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Surely they could run some fibre alongside the signalling gear Smiley LOL

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 3 of 3