cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Post Office To Enter Mobile Phone Market.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Post Office To Enter Mobile Phone Market.

"Post Office To Enter Mobile Phone Market
The Post Office expands its telecoms interests by dialing in to the mobile phone market with a promise to simplify tariffs.”

Source :Sky News.
Read more here http://news.sky.com/story/1297335/post-office-to-enter-mobile-phone-market
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
EE seem to be doing very well at going for the big contracts at present. They took Asda from Vodafone for example.
Message 2 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Headline : Post Office To Enter Mobile Phone Market.

"Post Office To Enter Mobile Phone Market
The Post Office expands its telecoms interests by dialing in to the mobile phone market with a promise to simplify tariffs.”

Simplify? The Post Office?  They will proably give one free text message with every £500 spent on Post Office Services.

Gerry

Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Rofl @Anonymous

I'll remember your comment when they release the terms of their tariffs and included monthly allowances.

wink
Message 4 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

They need to stick to what they know...as they do not do that very well.

Instead of widening their services....work on what they do...and invest in improvements Shirty

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 14

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

Don't you think EE got big from a corporate point of view very fast?

I think the only issue I would have with dealing with such a company, if their running costs are so cheap then they are surely using cheaper labour from abroad to do deal with technical enquiries. Then again, isn't that the way of the world. 

4G is nothing more than a pipedream from me for at the moment although I will probalbly get 4G for my next handset regardless of my regular location.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@anticpated wrote:

if their running costs are so cheap then they are surely using cheaper labour from abroad to do deal with technical enquiries.

There is nothing wrong, in principle, with hiring less expensive labour ("cheaper labour" seems a pejorative term with a somewhat loaded connotation).  That is part and parcel of the economics of trade. If we were to conduct a poll I wonder how many UK customers would be willing to pay higher tariffs to have UK based services?  Not too many I suspect as we all want the best deal we can get (ie we want as much as we can get for as little as we have to pay). Having said that I must also make it clear that I very much support the principle of FAIR TRADE which aims to ensure that workers in other countries receive a fair wage and reasonable conditions etc.  

Sorry if that is heading "off topic".

Gerry

Message 7 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 124225 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Totally agree with your comments @Anonymous Most of us prefer value for money and a 'bargain'.and would not willingly pay over the odds for a service.

However this should not affect quality. I also support the principle of Fair Trade...

Thanks for making the point.:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 14

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I suppose my point is, you spend most of your time trying to get your point across when there is a language barrier. If you buy a product from a UK company, you at least expect people in customer service to speak the same language as you.

It's like the argument about farners being undercut by supermarkets with Milk prices. Would you rather have lower quality and get less money per pint; or pay them a fair price and keep them indefinetly in business.

Everyone likes a bargain although I don't think we should strictly live with those ethics alone. It's a wonder there is no £1 mobile telephone shops. 😉

What I am more against is some stranger from Dehli calling me up to inform me my computer has a virus.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @anticpated

I've had that all Knowing phone call saying as much too.

My response is "on what Computer"

"On your PC, Sir", the reply.

"Oh really I use a Mac" is my retort.

Goodbye.

Now I just end the calls. The same as I end ones asking if I'm happy with my current Tariff and phone.

All politely which is my way. wink
Message 10 of 14