cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Heathrow issues must-be-charged gadget advice

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : Heathrow issues must-be-charged gadget advice.

"Heathrow Airport has told passengers to ensure all electronic devices carried as hand baggage are charged before travel if they are flying to the US."

Read more here ;

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28193654
Source ; BBC news.

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

So despite statements to the contrary, it seems the new measures ARE having a massive impact on passengers.

If you know Manchester airport, it's quite large to be queing outside the actual arrivals hall is nothing short of disorganised chaos.

I really hope this gets sorted out with proper procedures put in place before my next flight overseas!

http://www.itv.com/news/granada/update/2014-07-11/huge-queues-at-manchester-airport/

"Passengers waiting to go on holiday at Manchester airport were seen queueing out of the terminal doors and through the car park early on Friday morning.Security measures have been increased at airports across the UK this week after a terror warning from the United States authorities."

article_img.jpg

Message 41 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
A few frayed tempers I suspect

😞
Message 42 of 45

jonsie
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I am very well aquainted with the airport and best guess for the length of that queue would be between a quarter and up to half a mile. People really need to get there early or the knock on effects of frustration and delayed flights will be horrendous.

Message 43 of 45

jonsie
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Flights this morning are running 1 hour late even on domestic flights. Interestingly a number of US flights have been cancelled.

Untitled.png

Untitled 1.png

Message 44 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 124271 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

I knew it would happen...those are ridiculous delays for domestic flights....

Well I have told my lot that come Monday 21st there will be NO last minute trip to the airport (which is, of course, Birmingham)

Flight goes at 5pm. I can see us going before lunch time...:smileysad:

@jonsie  I see all those US flights are to Chicago...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 45