cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News :Having iPhone 5 battery problems? You could be eligible for a free battery replacement.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Having iPhone 5 battery problems? You could be eligible for a free battery replacement.

"Apple initiated a NEW Battery Replacement Program on Friday, acknowledging a small percentage of iPhone 5 units may be having battery problems. According to Apple, affected “iPhone 5 devices may suddenly experience shorter battery life or need to be charged more frequently.” If you purchased an iPhone 5 between September 2012 and January 2013, and if you’re experiencing these symptoms, then you might be eligible for a free battery replacement. A specific page was added today to Apple’s website where iPhone 5 users can check their device’s serial number against the database of devices that are potentially affected. The program is opened to China and the US starting Friday, August 22, and will be available to other countries on August 29."

My thoughts : Heads up for iPhone 5 users.

Source : iDownloadblog

Read more here : 

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2014/08/22/iphone-5-battery-replacement-program/

Battery-Replacement-Program.png

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never. slight_smile
Message 11 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

All I will say BoB ...I set myself up as a real patsy to take that fall...I won't be doing it again...and I do have long claws Cat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 17

rayBugg
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is one major issue as a result of the replacement program, this i just encountered at the Apple store Edinburgh. I was peeved at the fact my faulty battery (which i had to endure for nearly 2 years) forced me to spend £40 on a charging case (due to constant battery depletion), addtionally I lost count of how many times I had to have an unwanted coffee etc in order to remote charge the unit. All in all I'm around £100 out of pocket as a result.

Apple said as I bought the handset from O2, it's their responsibility. O2 just tweeted me saying its an Apple issue. Who is ultimately responsible?

Message 13 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 14 of 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144099 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
I can't honestly see anyone paying you compensation but if it ultimately came down to who was liable it would be Apple - That may mean O2 paid you and then reclaimed from Apple but the buck has to stop with the manufacturer in the end......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 17

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I presume you have all the receipts ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 16 of 17

jonsie
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics