cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Glowing 'smart cycle lanes' are pitched to UK.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline : Glowing 'smart cycle lanes' are pitched to UK.

Excerpts from the Link "Its creators are also due to test glow-in-the-dark cycle lanes, which they said had already attracted the interest of UK planners. "The glowing lines are a little ... Daft Punk look-alike but they are to do with safety," said artist Daan Roosegaarde, one of the road markings' designers."

My thoughts :

We discussed not too long ago the idea of having glowing road markings. Now it seems the same could happen for cycle lanes.

Anything to help protect motorists and cyclists alike has to be a good one. As a commuter the amount of accidents and near misses I've seen are frightening with either party being at fault.

Source : BBC News.

Read more here : Glowing 'smart cycle lanes' are pitched to UK

image.jpg

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122931 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

With the increase in traffic on our roads I always think that cyclists are very brave indeed.

I think you need to be extremely experienced if you take to the roads using this form of transport nowadays.

Sadly most people are not experienced and therein lies trouble.

On the other hand...a lot of drivers have absolutely no idea of the highway code when passing cyclists on the road.....

Some time back there was a programme on TV where an experienced cyclist rode various routes with a camera attached to his helmet, in an effort to record the danger he experiienced on a daily basis. The film was quite harrowing to watch and made a lot of people think twice about their driving and cycling habits..

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing.

I think this is an excellent idea. 

Since I moved to London I realized that buses/cars... don't respect enough the cyclists...All these measures are essential to protect them.

Message 3 of 3