cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : EE first and Vodafone last in mobile phone tests

Anonymous
Not applicable
Headline : EE first and Vodafone last in mobile phone tests

"EE has again been ranked top overall in research comparing the performance of the UK's four mobile networks, with Vodafone coming last."

My thoughts :

Ee give me really good data coverage but poor for calls / texts and vodaphone are poor across the board.

Notes o2's statement "An O2 spokesperson said: "This report represents just one of the many testing houses operating in the marketplace. Our own extensive independent network tests, carried out by Spirent Communications between May and July this year, show O2 as number one in 17 out of the 20 key cities tested for voice-call performance and top in 12 out of 20 for data performance."

Source ; BBC News.
Read more here : http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-28837671
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

I have been reading these results and in some ways I tend to agree.  My first choice is always O2, but for signal in rural areas EE seem to be better (as some of my family are with EE).  Although call quality I think O2 win. Vodafone comes in last where I am from too by a country mile.  Poor signal, dropped calls etc.

Samsung S8
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Notice o2 don't mention anywhere outside cities. That is confirmation for me that they are only interested in the cash cow urban population and the 4g roll out which is where I suspect all the mast uograde money is going.

Message 3 of 3