cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News ; Baby tech: Will new gadgets result in paranoid parents?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Baby tech: Will new gadgets result in paranoid parents?

"They may be too young to have their own email address - let alone go shopping - but newborns and infants are being viewed by many tech start-ups as the next big thing."

My thoughts :

It's inevitable we would move on from regularly checking a babies crib ,to plug in two way baby monitors to mobile technology.

I recall almost constantly checking my children's cots and on more than one occasion wake them as they were sleeping too soundly and not moving. slight_smile

Source ; BBC news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27669210
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am all in favour of the appropriate use of technology but with the very important proviso that it does not make people lazy and too dependent on machines.  Babies and infants are too precious to be left in the care of machines however sophisticated. In my humble opinion parents must make the time and the effort to check regularly on their children in person  whatever electronic devices may be reporting.

Gerry

Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
  • 122830 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous  I would agree with that totally.. As a nurse with patients whose lives were dependent on technology

I always told my nurses...'Please look at your patient as well as reading the machines...they are the best

indication if anything is wrong'

So easy to get caught up checking readings on machines and forgetting that sometimes technology can

develop a fault or a 'glitch'......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3