cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

News : Apple Sim.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Headline :  The Apple SIM is freaking everyone out — and that’s a good thing.

Excerpt from the Link "An example is the Apple SIM. Apple barely mentioned it at the recent iPad Air 2 event, and, as always, remains tight-lipped about any future plans. Right now, though, buy an iPad from Apple and you get a bundled Apple SIM. This enables you to choose from a list of carriers on board with Apple, theoretically enabling you to switch between them on a whim, without going through the hassle of getting and installing a replacement carrier-specific SIM."

"The advantages are obvious. If you take your device overseas, you’ll be able to select from a list of local carriers and get online in seconds, rather than going slightly crazy in local stores, pointing madly at your device, while simultaneously thumbing through a phrase book and trying to figure out some kind of universal sign language for “I’d like a temporary pay-and-go SIM, please, dear merchant”."

"It’s perhaps for this reason that attempts by Stuff to get comments from UK operators have to date been met with barely more than stony silence; at the time of writing only a single UK carrier (EE) has signed on."

My thoughts :

Somewhere along the line I've missed this new idea from Apple. 

This is has the potential to simplify so much for end users. Time will tell. 

Source : Stuff.

Read more :  The Apple SIM is freaking everyone out — and that’s a good thing

Message 1 of 1
0 REPLIES 0