cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New polymer £20 note goes into circulation today!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

The new polymer £20 note has launched today so you'll start seeing them in your cash withdrawals any time now! Much like the £10 and £5 notes already in circulation the new £20 is slightly smaller and made of a durable polymer which will increase the lifespan of the notes. 

_110957701_twentypoundnote-index-boe.jpg

The new note also features enhanced security features and is the most secure bank note in the UK to date. The image of painter J. M. W. Turner will be on the back side of the note with the ever present Queen on the front. 

What do you think of the new £20 note? Are you looking forward to getting hold of one or do you rarely use cash anymore? 

Further reading

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

As with anything new, flawed notes or note seriel numbers starting AA or AC47 are selling for big bucks.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/new-20-note-rare-valuable-17782133#ICID=Android_MENNews...

Following the release of the new plastic fiver, the MEN reported that notes with certain distinguishing features were selling for big bucks.

AA notes were being listed on eBay for as much as £500.

And weirdly, notes with a serial number that started with AK47 - a type of assault riffle - were selling on eBay for more than £80,000. astonished

OK hands up. Who is going to admit they buzzed off to check their plastic fivers to see if they`d "won"?

More info
yeh I did LOL 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 21 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I've got a couple of AA fivers stashed away but they weren't fetching anything like £500 at the time.
I must check and see what they are worth now !
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 26

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25133 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just looked and found a couple of AA batteries. Are they worth anything on e-bay?? Don't know

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 23 of 26

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

yahoo

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 24 of 26

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Just looked and found a couple of AA batteries. Are they worth anything on e-bay?? Don't know

Someone will bid a tenner, some strange people on eBay tongue_winking

Message 25 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Yes when I firsst started with Ebay, someone was selling a tesco carrier bag....(NOT A BAG FOR LIFE) a normal old plastic carrier bag and people were bidding on it!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 26