Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New York attack: Eight killed by man driving truck

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144342 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

At least eight people have been killed and 12 injured in New York after the driver of a truck mowed down people on a cycle path in Lower Manhattan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-41825577

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Oh god no. Terrible news and just shows that cars and lorries are fast becoming the 'weapon of choice' for terrorists...Sickening Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 11

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Will this madness never end? These terrorists are cowards and are the scum of the earth.

It seems murder and mayhem by vehicles is the preferred choice of these insane fanatics.

My thoughts are with the people of New York again 😔

Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93234 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

It puts into perspective the multiple posts about the time ordered and delivery expectations of a phone that has been ordered. So much sadness in the world now. Please spare a thought for the victims and their families. 

Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sickening news

Once again innocent people mowed down by scumbag(s)

It's upsetting ... the loved ones of the victims & the victims themselves are in my thoughts

It's gone way beyond the phrase ... = ... 'it beggars belief'

rage sob worried

Message 5 of 11

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

It’s just plain awful.

Why?

what is wrong with people today.

Why can’t people no matter who they are get on.  Any loss on human life is truly upsetting no matter what,  but my heart goes out to all these people and people that it affects as well.  Families, friends no matter what, it’s just truly sickening.

i have one saying that my farther always said to me when growing up and it’s stuck with me now.

”If you can’t do some one a good turn, then don’t do them a bad one”

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darrengf I was brought up on something similar:-

If you can't say something nice ... then don't say anything at all

it's not quite the same as what your father said to you ... but ... I get where you're coming from ... it's relevant to today's atrocity in New York ... & ... today's world in general

It worries me, not for myself ... but ... for my own son & his wife ... & ... their future? child(ren) ... & ... my other loved ones

The world is in a helluva state now ... what's it going to be like in the future?

Message 7 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
I'm in shock. Just read about this and my first reaction is not New York again and lower Manhattan as well. My prayers go out to the victims, their family and friends. I will have to Skype with my friends in New York now to see they're okay and it was no one they knew injured or killed.

I cannot put into words (not on this forum) what I think of these cold-blooded murderers who can get into a car, van or truck and drive it at innocent people they don't know. All because they may be a different religion. And because they don't know their victims they could very well maim or kill one of own their faith.

I despair for this world, I really do.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 8 of 11

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
My friends are fine and they didn't know any of the victims, thank God. They are shaken by what's happened, like all New Yorkers I imagine. I don't think I could take any more of my friends being hurt or killed by these lunatics. I had enough of that during 9/11 to last me a lifetime.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

The police shot and wounded the perpetrator. He came from Uzbekistan as a refugee in 2010.

Apparently he acted alone and police say there was no wider threat. Isis related papers were in the rented van

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 11