Did you mean: 

New Year`s Resolutions

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

OK...

Has anyone made any New Year`s Resolutions this year - or in the past?

You know the sort of thing. Promise to give up something on New Year`s Day. Less than month later, totally forgotten about... Any you want to share??? 

Years ago, I was an avid smoker and one New Year`s Day [and recovering from a hangover], I made a New Year`s resolution to my then girlfriend that I would quit smoking... All went well until about two weeks later we went to a party, I had a little to much to drink, was offered a ciggie and was back on them. As you can guess, that did not go down well with my girlfriend...

I no longer smoke - gave it up years ago [not at New Year] and only have a drink on very rare occasions and no longer get drunk... 

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Mi-Amigo
I have never made a New year resolution. Daft idea.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've done the quit smoking resolution and failed miserably for years. Gave up giving up around 20 years ago! I've made a resolution this year which is a very painful one to me and affects two people. Not too sure how things will pan out yet.

Message 3 of 18

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Well I rarely drink and don't smoke so not a problem with resolutions. 

However, I'm sat planning now what I want to do as personal things to do and achieve one of which covers 3 musical instruments. On top of that, try and get at least one electronics project finished from my cupboard of components. Actually, its exactly the same as last year and did well for 6 weeks according to my plan before collapsing into "whenever I feel like it" (though in fairness there were other things I am committed to that took precedence).

Also: going to try to minimise to watch non-sport television to one or two hours a night or less and make time to do the above projects.

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
My resolution is not to make any resolutions...

FAIL... or pfft
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't make 'em so can't break 'em

Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122383 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't make 'em so can't break 'em

Same here . Life is too short to start deprivng yourself of things you enjoy! innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not exactly new year's resolutions, but

1: to take better care of myself

2: my home has got into a rather untidy state, therefore to tidy it all up, it will take some time

Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

You've got 364 days to tidy up @Anonymous .. plenty of time 

Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't broken it...!

Message 10 of 18