Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Three-Tier System

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Steve Bell on the UK's three-tiered Covid restrictions — cartoon | Opinion  | The Guardian

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
Message 2 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

And us @jonsie . We were Tier 1 before lockdown.  It's as if they are saying 'it's your turn now' without any rationale whatsoever.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 16

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
The whole criteria of this government makes no sense to me and I daresay to the majority of folk.
I would love to lock up Johnson, Hancock and the rest of their clueless clan controlling our lives
They should be answerable for their sheer incompetence.
Message 4 of 16

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Thing is the devolved governments are no better. Scotland's numbers are worse than ever and they went into lockdown way before everyone else, the Welsh goverment won't admit the firebreak lockdown was pointless and are yet to decide to take on the tier system before Christmas. No doubt it will be another rebrand with new added confusion. 

And the Labour party, well they are willing to go along with whatever the government says is necessary so replacing the current mob will result in exactly the same outcome. Or worse.

Message 5 of 16

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25118 Posts
  • 808 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just when you think it couldn`t get any barmier...

BBC News Online: see here a few minutes ago

Drinkers in tier two areas of England could order a Scotch egg with their pint to keep in line with post-lockdown rules, a cabinet minister has said.

Under new restrictions from Wednesday, pubs in those high risk areas can only open if they function as a restaurant.

And alcohol can only be served as part of a "substantial meal".

Environment Secretary George Eustice told LBC Radio that Scotch eggs would constitute such a meal "if there were table service".

Pubs and restaurants are currently closed across England, apart from for takeaways.

Mr Eustice said the "substantial meal" provision in tier two was "understood very much by the restaurant trade".

He said: "I think a Scotch egg probably would count as a substantial meal if there were table service.

"Often that might be as a starter but yes I think it would, but this is a term that's understood in licensing... you can have the concept of a table licence for alcohol that also requires you to serve a substantial meal.

"That is the model that is being followed."

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Before lockdown, Our local was serving a bowl of chilli or stew with crusty bread to keep the place open, and we just left the bowls on the table until we left.
Message 7 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

The bar/restaurant we were going to on Boxing day for a family meal told me this when I rang. (WEeare in Tier 3) " They are waiting until Dec 16th when the government will be reviewing the tier system for restaurants. If we move to Tier 2, the meal will be on, if we remain in Tier 3 we can forget it, as they won't be doing takeaways. rage

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

jonsie
  • 93149 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

It's the same problem here.

In tier three and I doubt the family outing to the restaurant will be open for us

Maybe sausaage sarnies again!

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I vote for Fried egg sarnies!
Message 10 of 16