Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Scam Doing The Rounds - Please Read

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Just to let you know these phone calls are going round. Stay on your toes. Never give out personal information to a cold caller.

‘Good morning, I'm calling from the NHS track and trace service. According to our system, you are likely to have been in close proximity to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19. This means that you now need to self-isolate for 7 days and take a COVID-19 test.'
'OK. Can you tell me who that person was?'
'I'm not able to tell you that. That is confidential information.'
'Right. Um... so ....'
'But you do need to be tested within the next 72 hours. So can I just get the best mailing address so that we can send a kit to you?'
'Ok (gives address)'
'Thank you - and I just need to take a payment card so that we can finalize this and send the kit to you.'
'Sorry - a payment card? I thought this was all free?'
'No - I'm afraid not. There is a one-off fee of £50 for the kit and test results. Could you read off the long card number for me, please, when you're ready.'
'No - that's not right. This is part of the NHS so there's no charge.'
'I'm afraid there is. Can you give me the card number please - this is very important, and there are penalties for not complying.'

This is how scammers work. Vulnerable people will fall for it. Do not be one of them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122350 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have seen this @Bambino 

Has been posted on FB by a friend of mine who had the call.

Despicable scum!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 2