cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - What are you watching?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So then..

I’m currently making my way through The Haunting of Hill House, loosely based on the novel. It’s not hardcore make you jump scary but it’s enough to make you wonder what that noise was.

It’s only 10 episodes long so not a ‘Lost’ yawnathon.

Short review HERE .. read the first few paragraphs only!

So tell me, what am I watching next?

Message 1 of 127
126 REPLIES 126

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

Enjoyed Bird Box but the underlying question is: if they could see partially through a blindfold, why did nobody try dark sunglasses?

@Marjo: er slow start to Sense8? The plot doesn't develop at all past the first 5 mins of episode 1! If you haven't started watching Travellers yet, go start it and see how much better it is in comparison.

Ooh yes, just watched Travellers season 2 which came available recently. So good! I found that quicker to understand than Sense8 though for some reason though. grin Both excellent shows!

Message 91 of 127

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't wait for Designated Survivor to come back

Message 92 of 127

Anonymous
Not applicable

I started in on the interactive movie Black Mirror: Bandersnatch but I think it'll get very tiresome very quickly as I tend to watch Netflix to relax, I use the PC for gaming but apparently it's run into some controversy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8130761/netflixs-bandersnatch-slammed-for-toxic-violence-that-...

Message 93 of 127

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I started in on the interactive movie Black Mirror: Bandersnatch but I think it'll get very tiresome very quickly as I tend to watch Netflix to relax, I use the PC for gaming but apparently it's run into some controversy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/8130761/netflixs-bandersnatch-slammed-for-toxic-violence-that-lets-viewers-decide-whether-child-lives-or-dies/

I've just read the info in that link @Anonymous. How awful. It wouldn't be something I would watch or participate in.... Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 94 of 127

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Damn, these interactive things don't work on my YouView box with Netflix confused

Message 95 of 127

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog

Would recommend a Roku stick but avoid the Express (I have one and am having issues with the wi-fi dropping out and a quick Google suggests I'm not alone, only bought it in September to upgrade an older one)

The Streaming Stick+ seems better though (have one of those on another TV)

Message 96 of 127

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Anonymous

Another device I want but don't want! I already have a Chromecast which isn't seeing much use these days as we have a smart TV. Oooooh just remembered its got Netflix as standard on there so will have to try it out if I can remember the password. That PS3 might work as well but I have to fight for control of what to watch in the main room (clue: ITV3 is rather popular and I don't like Midsomer Murders). 

Message 97 of 127

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sheepdog wrote:

@Anonymous

Another device I want but don't want! I already have a Chromecast which isn't seeing much use these days as we have a smart TV. Oooooh just remembered its got Netflix as standard on there so will have to try it out if I can remember the password. That PS3 might work as well but I have to fight for control of what to watch in the main room (clue: ITV3 is rather popular and I don't like Midsomer Murders). 

@sheepdog

Yeah, makes you wonder why anyone would buy a house there as surely the horrendous murder rate is known about for miles around by now!

Would be safer in New York, London or even Moss Side in Manchester!

Message 98 of 127

Anonymous
Not applicable
Avoid 'The Super' 2017 - complete load of toss
Message 99 of 127

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Thanks for the headsup about that. I saw it whilst I was browsing Netflix and had it down as one to watch soon. I'll give it a miss @Anonymous Hero

Message 100 of 127