cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - What are you watching?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So then..

I’m currently making my way through The Haunting of Hill House, loosely based on the novel. It’s not hardcore make you jump scary but it’s enough to make you wonder what that noise was.

It’s only 10 episodes long so not a ‘Lost’ yawnathon.

Short review HERE .. read the first few paragraphs only!

So tell me, what am I watching next?

Message 1 of 127
126 REPLIES 126

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie

I had the advantage there @jonsie as I never read the books.

I have read some of Lee Childs novels, though not Jack Reacher.

So in effect, the films started as a blank canvas for me....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 127

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I downloaded all he books to myKindle and read them all over the last couple of years. The books are really good, I can recommend them if you're a reader.

Message 32 of 127

Isildur
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello everyone and good morning!!

Currently watching *SEVEN SECONDS* No spoilers 4 u.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 33 of 127

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I might give the Jack Reacher books a go when I'm done with the series I'm reading at the moment @jonsie, thanks for the recommendation! 📚

@Isildur How did you like Seven seconds? I haven't watched it yet so no spoilers but a thumbsup or thumbsdown maybe? And Welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 34 of 127

Isildur
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It is about racist America, corrupt cops. Relentless mother in seeking justice for her dead son. I like it.

Also, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN, it is about Mayan vampires lol. Quentin Tarantino is the screenplay writer so I took the leap of faith just by having seen his name on the board...

Thank you for having me. Great home you got here.
I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.
Message 35 of 127

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I've read the first 3 or 4 Jack Reacher books and really liked them.  I do like the films, but Tom Cruise was mis-cast for the role. 

Reminded me of the complete mis-casting of Morgan Freeman as Alex Cross.  What they were thinking with that one I do not know.  Don't know

Anyone who has read the Alex Cross books knows he's about 6'2" and is supposed to look like Muhammed Ali.  They missed a trick I think in not casting Denzel Washington as Alex Cross, with, at the time, Michael Clarke Duncan as John Samson.  That would have been a pretty perfect casting.

Thanks

Steve
Message 36 of 127

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I looked on the Morgan Freeman role of Alex Cross as being the sort of B movie you would see on Channel Five in the afternoons. It didn't do the book any justice or any possible further films in a Patterson franchise much credibility although they did stick to the plot more or less.

Message 37 of 127

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Narcos: Mexico is out today.  Loved the first 3 seasons of the original Narcos, so will be interesting to see how it works without Agent Pena etc

Thanks

Steve
Message 38 of 127

Isildur
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just finished Brain on Fire. Rare diseases and how they can easily misinterpreted. Watch it, you'll relate to that. slight_smile

Message 39 of 127

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Isildur That sounds rather sad but could be interesting!

Anyone here watched the new documentary Dogs yet? I'm definitely going to start watching it whenever I have some time but looking for some first-hand impressions if anyone has started it slight_smile 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 40 of 127