cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - What are you watching?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So then..

I’m currently making my way through The Haunting of Hill House, loosely based on the novel. It’s not hardcore make you jump scary but it’s enough to make you wonder what that noise was.

It’s only 10 episodes long so not a ‘Lost’ yawnathon.

Short review HERE .. read the first few paragraphs only!

So tell me, what am I watching next?

Message 1 of 127
126 REPLIES 126

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I love It's Always Sunny! joy

Not sure what you like @welshsteve76 but you could give the IT Crowd of Friday Night Dinner a go? I'll try and think of some more short comedies I've watched on Netflix later slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 21 of 127

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Not a Netflix one, but I quite liked The Tick (Amazon) and if you don't mind some over the top horror comedy The Evil Dead tv series is good too...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 22 of 127

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks @EmilieT @gmarkj

I've seen the I.T Crowd before, although not all of them. I might give this a go.

@gmarkjThey sound interesting. I have Amazon Prime, so might check out the Tick.  I've vaguely heard of it. Isn't it a superhero mickey take or something?

I like the over the top horror comedy stuff, can be quite funny.  Scream Queens was just daft, and I really like "Stan Against Evil" on FOX. That's just hilarious.

Thanks

Steve
Message 23 of 127

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Yeah it is.
There was a cartoon version in the 90-00's but this is live action with Peter Serafinowicz in the lead role (he was the flat mate in Shaun of the Dead and was in Guardians of the Galaxy as well).
The TV series Evil Dead falls broadly into the same category as 2 and 3 rather than 1 which was semi-serious horror.
Did you ever watch Todd and the Book of Evil?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 24 of 127

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@gmarkj wrote:

Did you ever watch Todd and the Book of Evil?

I didn't no, I've heard of it tho

Thanks

Steve
Message 25 of 127

Anonymous
Not applicable

Watched Jack Reacher 2 last night.. quite good..

Breakfast Club & the recently added ‘Goonies’ too...

fabulous!

Message 26 of 127

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Watched Jack Reacher 2 last night.. quite good..

Breakfast Club & the recently added ‘Goonies’ too...

fabulous!

Well short-ass is to be replaced apparently....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46207601

Message 27 of 127

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah.. never been a fan of his stuff & he doesn’t do 6ft5 well.. so it’s a thumbs up that he’s been kicked, from me!

Message 28 of 127

Cleoriff
  • 122361 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

My opinion? He played the part well and if he wasn't suitable, then why was he picked in the first place?

Why didn't Lee Child voice his opinions at the time?

Probably because he knew that Tom Cruise would bring millions to the franchise. His name alone sells movies.

Personally I think he is great in all of his action films. He still does his owns stunts even when he breaks his ankle doing them.

Also great with his fans.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 29 of 127

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Because I read all the Reacher books and got to know the character well, seeing Tom Cruise in the role sort of distracted me and I was looking for the boxes he stood on and the clever camera angles. Still, his name got the franchise out there, made big bucks for Lee Childs and his book sales went orbital.

I do agree though, I like Tom Cruise and enjoy all the action films he has made.

Message 30 of 127