cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netflix - What are you watching?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So then..

I’m currently making my way through The Haunting of Hill House, loosely based on the novel. It’s not hardcore make you jump scary but it’s enough to make you wonder what that noise was.

It’s only 10 episodes long so not a ‘Lost’ yawnathon.

Short review HERE .. read the first few paragraphs only!

So tell me, what am I watching next?

Message 1 of 127
126 REPLIES 126

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I've watched Jessica Jones and will catch up with Daredevil shortly, both great! I found The Punisher suprisingly good as well - that's all for the comic-based one for me. 

If you like True Crime, Making a Murderer, The Staircase, Evil genius and The Keepers and American Vandal are amazing. I'll also second @sheepdog's recommendation for Trollhunters, it was made by the director of Pan's Labyrinth and it's really quite good, although I'm yet to watch Season 2. 

That's all I can think of right now, but looking through the other replies you've got quite a lot to watch now smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 127

welshsteve76
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I watch quite a lot on Netflix.  Have watched the Marvel stuff.  Still have to watch Daredevil season 3 because my wife never watched Defenders, so I'm watching that again, this time with my wife, because Daredevil's story depends on it grin

I've watched all of Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage. Shame the latter 2 have been cancelled. Also watched Punisher, and Defenders and am currently on season 2 of Blakc Lightning (although I'm not hugely impressed).

Away from that I've watched tons of other stuff on Netflix.  I'd recommend these:

Narcos

Salvation

Always Sunny In Philadelphia

iZombie

Travellers

Stranger Things

Sense8

Altered Carbon

Designated Survivor

Lost In Space

The Expane

There are some others I've not yet got round to watching, including Mindhunters.

Thanks

Steve
Message 12 of 127

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@welshsteve76 Just finished Salvation. Not bad, not brilliant but moves nicely to keep on watching through. May be one of those series that just ends at that point unfortunately.

Stranger Things. Series 1 was ok but felt ripped off at the end as it was really boiled down to a tribute of D&D! Saying that, I can't fault it really but not my thing. Series 2 just bored me and won't bother with series 3. 

Altered Carbon - had high hopes for this but its really a tribute to Columbo. Don't believe me...notice he walks around in a mac and comes up with the answer involving everyone in one room at the end. 

Now Sense8. Apart from the first 10 mins setting the basis of the story then completely ignored that for the rest of the first season. Sadly it went down the route of being a propaganda film for the Warchoski's life choice in my opinion rather than developing the plot. When the plot re-appeared, it was done and pushed away very quickly. Best characters are the Korean woman and Van Damme which were largely ignored when it came to the "sens8" bit unless they were fighting.  Really needs to come with a sexually explicit warning. 

Message 13 of 127

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Ummm, nothing, we don't have Netflix. That's me done round here - move on Banana

Message 14 of 127

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@sheepdog wrote:

@welshsteve76 Just finished Salvation. Not bad, not brilliant but moves nicely to keep on watching through. May be one of those series that just ends at that point unfortunately.

Stranger Things. Series 1 was ok but felt ripped off at the end as it was really boiled down to a tribute of D&D! Saying that, I can't fault it really but not my thing. Series 2 just bored me and won't bother with series 3. 

Altered Carbon - had high hopes for this but its really a tribute to Columbo. Don't believe me...notice he walks around in a mac and comes up with the answer involving everyone in one room at the end. 

Now Sense8. Apart from the first 10 mins setting the basis of the story then completely ignored that for the rest of the first season. Sadly it went down the route of being a propaganda film for the Warchoski's life choice in my opinion rather than developing the plot. When the plot re-appeared, it was done and pushed away very quickly. Best characters are the Korean woman and Van Damme which were largely ignored when it came to the "sens8" bit unless they were fighting.  Really needs to come with a sexually explicit warning. 

Salvation I wasn't sure about at first, but some of the twists were done quite well and it has a little bit of a "24" feel about it. The ending could be left there, just as easy as carrying on, but if it does carry on, it'll have to go off on a tangent given the ending (which I won't give away if others wish to watch it).

Stranger Things does grip you, well, it did for me, but it's nothing new, and it wouldn't bother me if it didn't come back.  But it is enjoyable.

Altered Carbon I really enjoyed, and being a fan of Blade Runner, the dystopian future it portrays interested me. I'm looking forward to the next series.  It's another that needs to come with a sexual content warning tho wink

Sense8 has lots of sexual content, particularly the first series.  It needed to come to an end tho as I really couldn't see where it could go after that. I did enjoy it though.

Thanks

Steve
Message 15 of 127

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

I've just finished watching the first season of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, which is a darker adaptation of Sabrina than the one in the 90s. Really enjoyed it! slight_smile Have you guys checked it out yet?

Message 16 of 127

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Done Sabrina (not my cup of tea really) and now just started American Horror Story which has me gripped.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 127

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
The AHS looked really good - are all the series linked, or can you pick and choose?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 18 of 127

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'm only up to Season 1 Episode 2 so dunno yet mate.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 127

welshsteve76
  • 1554 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Does anyone know of a really funny 30 minute type comedy show on netflix?  I've watched the whole of "Always Sunny..." and need another comedy fix to fill 20-30 minute time slots LOL

Thanks

Steve
Message 20 of 127