cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours...nobody watches Neighbours...

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Seems a big part of TV history is about to come to an abrupt end in the UK. Channel 5 has decided to drop Neighbours and refocus on original UK drama. Which means its days are numbered in Australia now. 

Not that I've watched it for years but it was essential viewing for some.I remember watching it at lunchtime in the canteen before management realised they needed a TV licence so  that went rather quickly. As did the profits from the canteen takings. So to celebrate its demise what's better than being nostalgic about the "influence" its had. Good or bad but I'll start with the inevitable Stefan Dennis career killing tune that you probably never wanted to know existed:

It did actually make number 16 in the UK charts! If you're that inclined to seek out a copy for your collection, you can actually bid on this eBay auction for a signed 7" single. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It is ridiculous and predictable at times but I admit to watching it. Not sure what Channel 5 mean when they say they will replace it with UK drama? It's shown at 1.45 and repeated at 5.30pm. Hardly peak viewing hours?

My other half will be delighted though, as he thinks it's a load of trash. 😂

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

My wife won't be happy as she watches this.
At least the Virgin TiVo box won't fill up as quickly now!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

It's dead Jim: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60599579

No more funding so no more shows. Look out for the reboot in a few years time where it's set in West Philidelphia before relocating to Bel Air.

Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Dammit!! How sickening. 👿

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6975 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

My mum won't be happy either as she watches it (I used to watch it long time ago)

iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 6 of 6