Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nature in Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 24899 Posts
  • 798 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the fourth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

NATURE IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of nature-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In these cases, the number of songs in which the word appears is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Entries for Saturday 13 April, and each subsequent night, can be posted between 11pm and midnight. Results, with the number of answers for each word still to be found, will then be posted.

The list of nature-related words appears in a separate post below:

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 334
333 REPLIES 333

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 24899 Posts
  • 798 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

I couldn't work without my list either @Mi-Amigo 

My brain cells couldn't hold all that info.

By the end of the challenge, said list is very grubby and greasy rofl

I don`t blame any of you having lists.

When I`m putting a Challenge together I have dozens of scraps of paper before compiling the actual list for the Challenge.

With so many answers to find, I guess not only will answers be added to lists but the lists are going to be pretty worn out seeing that this Challenge could take a bit longer than previous ones.

You have all certainly made the right choice for the subject for this Challenge. Although it has only been open an hour, it has already had over 100 views - smashing the number of views in a similar time-frame in all previous Challenges.

From the comments each of you have made about the answers which have gone so far, it`s going to be interesting to see what each of you goes for tomorrow.

Remember the answers for today will be posted at 11pm and then you can post your next answer after midnight [not 11pm as tonight was a "one-off"].

I have a feeling that this Challenge is going to be fun and hope you all enjoy it.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 331 of 334

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92812 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6909 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I did reference seashells and it was indeed "Julia'. I didn't put the song because I was unsure it would be accepted.

Hi @jonsie 

Love your new avatar.

We had an argument so I deleted her.....

Message 332 of 334

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122119 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

We had an argument so I deleted her

Oh dear @jonsie Hope it's sorted soon. Either way the new avatar is great kissing_heart

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 333 of 334

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

We had an argument so I deleted her

Oh dear @jonsie Hope it's sorted soon. Either way the new avatar is great kissing_heart

Yeah, I think it's fantastic smiling

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 334 of 334