Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nature in Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the fourth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

NATURE IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of nature-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In these cases, the number of songs in which the word appears is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Entries for Saturday 13 April, and each subsequent night, can be posted between 11pm and midnight. Results, with the number of answers for each word still to be found, will then be posted.

The list of nature-related words appears in a separate post below:

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 334
333 REPLIES 333

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35236 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions
- On 17 April, @pgn found DOG in Dig A Pony [not on original list of 4, so total = 5]

Haha, the Cheshire Cat strikes again, purrrr! Dogs, definitely the inferior breed 🤣
Message 191 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@pgn wrote:
- On 17 April, @pgn found DOG in Dig A Pony [not on original list of 4, so total = 5]

Haha, the Cheshire Cat strikes again, purrrr! Dogs, definitely the inferior breed 🤣

The Cheshire Cat finding a dog, led The Dormouse to finding another, which to the number of dogs going up and down like Alice down the rabbit hole - causing The Mad Hatter and Queen of Hearts to ask questions....

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 192 of 334

pgn
  • 35236 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

LOL

Confused? 

More info
You should be! Crazy LOL
And I still see "Lycra" instead of "Lyrics" in the Topic title rofl
Message 193 of 334

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Perfectly understood now @Mi-Amigo 

The search for 3 dogs continues. (and I haven't got one) joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 194 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Good to hear @Cleoriff 

One DOG is a little bit harder [not too difficult] but then you [and @Glory1 ] have your lists so it going to be interesting what you, and the others, come with next [after tonight`s results] slight_smile

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 195 of 334

pgn
  • 35236 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Time to let fly the dogs of War, eh? innocent

Message 196 of 334

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

Nor have I @Cleoriff I'm going to have to listen to my songs for the umpteenth time to see if I can find at least 1 of the 3 left.

Thank you @Mi-Amigo for clearing it all up for me, I was rather confused.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 197 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

Nor have I @Cleoriff I'm going to have to listen to my songs for the umpteenth time to see if I can find at least 1 of the 3 left.

Thank you @Mi-Amigo for clearing it all up for me, I was rather confused.

Glad its clearer now @Glory1 

As I said to @Cleoriff , the three DOG ones to find are not difficult, but one of them I missed; and there are still others to find.

Enjoy listening to the songs and good luck.

I look forward to everyone`s answers after midnight, as it could be very interesting

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 198 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25030 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As regular member @jonsie has not submitted an answer for today as yet, I am going to extend the time for an answer to 11.15pm when I will post the results to answers received, along with list of answers found so far, and separate list of aswers still to find.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 199 of 334

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122384 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

As regular member @jonsie has not submitted an answer for today as yet, I am going to extend the time for an answer to 11.15pm when I will post the results to answers received, along with list of answers found so far, and separate list of aswers still to find.

I have sent him a message on messenger @Mi-Amigo  but notice he hasn't been online there for 7 hours.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 200 of 334