Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nature in Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 24897 Posts
  • 797 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the fourth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

NATURE IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of nature-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In these cases, the number of songs in which the word appears is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Entries for Saturday 13 April, and each subsequent night, can be posted between 11pm and midnight. Results, with the number of answers for each word still to be found, will then be posted.

The list of nature-related words appears in a separate post below:

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 334
333 REPLIES 333

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

TREE = Strawberry Fields Forever

Bang and there goes another one! @Bambino I think you should just drop out LOL

Yep, another one of mine as well joy

Sorry guys Dance

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 221 of 334

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Bambino wrote:

TREE = Strawberry Fields Forever

Bang and there goes another one! @Bambino I think you should just drop out LOL

Yep, another one of mine as well joy

Sorry guys Dance

So I take it that's a no to @Cleoriff's suggestion you should just drop out @Bambino joyrofl

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 222 of 334

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22907 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3658 Solutions

I think you could interpret it that way, @Glory1wink

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 223 of 334

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Bambino wrote:

I think you could interpret it that way, @Glory1wink

Well! There was I, thinking you were a nice accommodating sort of chap as well @Bambino LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 224 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 24897 Posts
  • 797 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Morning guys

I somehow don`t think that @Bambino is going to drop out as, at the moment, the person who has given the most correct number of answers is a tie - between @Bambino ; @Cleoriff ; and @Glory1   slight_smile 

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 225 of 334

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122117 Posts
  • 823 Topics
  • 7456 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Morning guys

I somehow don`t think that @Bambino is going to drop out as, at the moment, the person who has given the most correct number of answers is a tie - between @Bambino ; @Cleoriff ; and @Glory1   slight_smile 

Well that will change any day now @Mi-Amigo I probably have another *blah* left and then I'm done... joy

I have a borderline one which I'm leaving for my last throw of the dice and will probably be given the **klaxon** Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 226 of 334

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Morning guys

Well that will change any day now @Mi-Amigo I probably have another *blah* left and then I'm done... joy

I have a borderline one which I'm leaving for my last throw of the dice and will probably be given the **klaxon** Fear

And I don't have many more either. I expect @Bambino will be the winner again smiling

Message 227 of 334

Anonymous
Not applicable

*I'll Bet My Last Bottom Dollar on @Bambino * smiling

A phrase often used in the family home ... without really knowing what it meant ... I'm guessing it is to do with gambling ... = ... cowboy style or Bart Maverick style 

Message 228 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 24897 Posts
  • 797 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

To be honest, I don`t think it is quite as clear cut.

@Bambinohas found some really good ones this time.

In the past, @Glory1 found one which I believed would be the most difficult to find; and @Cleoriff , with the "last throw of the dice", did find the most answers in the last Challenge.

To make it a little bit ore interestig, and as a bit of a tease, out of the answers still to find:

two are what could be called "tricky"; and one could be a "kick yourself" when the answer is revealed... plus the others are not that difficult...

Have fun everyone, I am sure that all of you who are playing will still find all of those allusive answers.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 229 of 334

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

To be honest, I don`t think it is quite as clear cut.

@Bambinohas found some really good ones this time.

In the past, @Glory1 found one which I believed would be the most difficult to find; and @Cleoriff , with the "last throw of the dice", did find the most answers in the last Challenge.

To make it a little bit ore interestig, and as a bit of a tease, out of the answers still to find:

two are what could be called "tricky"; and one could be a "kick yourself" when the answer is revealed... plus the others are not that difficult...

Have fun everyone, I am sure that all of you who are playing will still find all of those allusive answers.

Well you've more confidence than me, at least as far as I'm concerned smiling

Message 230 of 334