Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nature in Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the fourth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

NATURE IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of nature-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In these cases, the number of songs in which the word appears is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Entries for Saturday 13 April, and each subsequent night, can be posted between 11pm and midnight. Results, with the number of answers for each word still to be found, will then be posted.

The list of nature-related words appears in a separate post below:

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 334
333 REPLIES 333

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Got it right this time, working off TV clock not phone which is 2/3 seconds out joyrofl

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 81 of 334

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

TREES - Norweigan Wood ..... ..... ..... one of my fave Beatles songs wink

Message 83 of 334

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

TREES ... Norweigan Wood ..... ..... ..... Why didn't I think of this before, it's one of my fave Beatles songs ?

Though you posted before midnight @Anonymous ...so you broke the rules joy

OMG ... I fear a stint on The Naughty Step is about to be 'bestowed' upon me Fear

Message 84 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

TREES - Norweigan Wood ..... ..... ..... one of my fave Beatles songs wink

@Anonymous 

Answers can only be posted after midnight and before 11pm.

As you posted this answer before midnight, and then resubmitted it, I`m sorry but in fairness to the other members [and as a one-off exception] I will have to take it as a very late entry for yesterday and will give an answer to this:

TREES is not in the lyrics of Norwegian Wood, so this is an incorrect answer nd not one of the words in the list.

Mi-Amigo

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 85 of 334

Anonymous
Not applicable

The March Hare says that The Dormouse is a BIG NIT-PICKER !!! ... & ... A VERY POOR SPORT wink tongue Cry

*It just isn't cricket, you know* Spaced

*I NEVER BOTHER WITH THE SMALL PRINT*

Am I Bovvered ?  Cat

Message 86 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The March Hare says that The Dormouse is a BIG NIT-PICKER !!! ... & ... A VERY POOR SPORT wink tongue Cry

*It just isn't cricket, you know* Spaced

*I NEVER BOTHER WITH THE SMALL PRINT*

Am I Bovvered ?  Cat

Errrmmm?? Maybe you should read the small print then @Anonymous ?

No nit picking, or being  poor sport. Those are the rules. Post at midnight and/or, up to 11pm the following day.

We all have to stick to them. That's the way it is innocent

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 87 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As @Cleoriff said the rules clearly state, and is mentioned when results are given, the next answer cannot be given before midnight and members then have until 11pm to post their answer.

If an answer is wrong, then I have, and always will, give my reason as to why it is not accepted.

Should any member submit an answer which is not on my list, then I recheck my sources [not google, wiki or websites, but my extensive library of recognised authorities on The Beatles] before making a decision.

All of this is to make the Challenges as fair as possible for all those taking part.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 88 of 334

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

As @Cleoriff said the rules clearly state, and is mentioned when results are given, the next answer cannot be given before midnight and members then have until 11pm to post their answer.

If an answer is wrong, then I have, and always will, give my reason as to why it is not accepted.

Should any member submit an answer which is not on my list, then I recheck my sources [not google, wiki or websites, but my extensive library of recognised authorities on The Beatles] before making a decision.

All of this is to make the Challenges as fair as possible for all those taking part.

Thank you @Cleoriff & @Mi-Amigo for your considered ... & ... very fair responses

I have posted an apology publicly to you in Off-Topic on it's own thread

I personally find all the detail in the quizzes simply way too much for me ... it's ... just that I was keen to be a part of what is so different ... & ... innovative for Off-Topic

it is all my fault @Mi-Amigo you will go far in The O2 Community if crazy people like me don't spoil it for you ... & ... everyone else who is enjoying taking part in your endeavours

Please do look at the thread I've just posted 

Thank You

WispaRed7

Message 89 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous 

You seem to be making a mountain out of a molehill.

Also no need for a public apology. If you felt one was required then a simple PM would have sufficed.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 90 of 334