Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nature in Lyrics Challenge

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Welcome to the fourth in the series of Challenges.

Between October 1962 and May 1970, The Beatles released 24 singles, 13 EPs, 13 Albums, with a total of 293 tracks.

NATURE IN LYRICS CHALLENGE

Below is an alphabetical list of nature-related words which appear in officially released Beatles songs.

The Challenge is to find which word appears in which song, or songs.

Hints/clues:

Some words appear in more than one song. In these cases, the number of songs in which the word appears is shown in [x].

Some songs contain more than one of the words on the list. In these cases, you need to find each word and post each answer in a separate post.

No "live" recording; BBC sessions; Polydor records; bootlegs; unreleased tracks.

Rules:

Please, no googling, wiki, social media, iplayer, youtube, personal record collection [e.g. album sleeves] in search of the answers.

You may submit one answer for one word in one song per post - not two or more songs where the same word appears - and can only post one answer per day.

Entries for Saturday 13 April, and each subsequent night, can be posted between 11pm and midnight. Results, with the number of answers for each word still to be found, will then be posted.

The list of nature-related words appears in a separate post below:

Good luck.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 334
333 REPLIES 333

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Pig in the song Piggies.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 41 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Strawberry = Strawberry fields forever.

@MI5 

Already said here by @Anonymous 

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Off-Topic/Nature-in-Lyrics-Challenge/m-p/1213671/highlight/true#M134321

Oh, it was still on last night's list of unfound words.......

That's because there are TWO songs with Strawberry in. This is why I think Mi-Amigo should update us with songs found, otherwise we will forever be scrolling back the longer the quiz goes on...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Mi-Amigo 

To save people scrolling back, I think you need to update 'the grid' of found songs periodically.

Otherwise we will all be falling into the trap of repeating those already said ...when there is more than one song.

Sorry, I know it's more time consuming for you but I think it will become unworkable otherwise? I mean the word Honey features in 6 songs....Confused

A very good point @Cleoriff 

To rectify this, what I propose doing later today is post a list of found words and in which song up to the results given last night.

Tonight, and each subsequent night, I will post the results, followed by a separate post of all found words and in which song[s], and then a separate post of the words still to be found.

I hope that will make things easier for everybody.

Thank you.

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 43 of 334

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
My brain hurts 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 44 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good idea.

Currently this quiz is a bit like the Wordsearches in that we need the 'grid' updating constantly so we don't repeat those found. More work for you but saves us scrolling back to the first page and working through to check if our option has already been mentioned nerd

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 45 of 334

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Thanks @Cleoriff and @Mi-Amigo  because, in spite of ticking answers off my list (yes I have a list, a long list!) I've also scrolled back through the pages to double check too. Painful, and we've loads to go Fear

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 46 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ANSWERS FOUND - UP TO 11pm 15 APRIL 2019

[also shows answers submitted so far on 16 April but not confirmed]

ACORNS = The Ballad Of John And Yoko [0 to find]

BEE/BEES = Cry Baby Cry [1 still to find]

BIRD = Blackbird [4 still to find]

BUTTERFLIES = It`s Only Love [0 to find]

ELEPHANT = The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill [0 to find]

FLOWERS = Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds [1 still to find]

HONEY = A Taste Of Honey [8 still to find]

MONKEY = Everybody`s Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey [1 to find]

LIZARD = Happiness Is A Warm Gun [if confirmed - 0 to find]

PIGS/PIGGIES = Piggies; I Am The Walrus [if confirmed - 0 to find]

RIVER = Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds [0 to find]

SEA = Octopus`s Garden [if confirmed - 3 still to find]

STRAWBERRY = Strawberry Fields Forever [1 still to find]

TIGER = The Continuing Story Of Bungalow Bill [if cofirmed - 0 to find]

WALRUS = I Am The Walrus; Glass Onion [1 still to find]

WORM = Yer Blues [0 to find]

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 47 of 334

Anonymous
Not applicable

Naff Orf said The March Hare to El Supremo ( @MI5  ) ... questioning my integrity & knowledge of Beatles stuff, indeed ... *Harrumph*

El Supremo can stick 'is red wine where the sun don't shine wink Bouncy tongue

Message 48 of 334

Mi-Amigo
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Anonymous  - submitted non-Beatles songs, so await post; and @pgn has not submiited an answer yet.

The results will be posted after 11pm, with a list on songs found, and list of those still to be found.

All of you can submit you next answer after midnight and have until 11pm tomorrow [Wed], when I will give the results of those entries.

Girl in a jacket

Robert Kennedy.

Message 49 of 334

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

@Anonymous  - submitted non-Beatles songs, so await post; and @pgn has not submiited an answer yet.

The results will be posted after 11pm, with a list on songs found, and list of those still to be found.

All of you can submit you next answer after midnight and have until 11pm tomorrow [Wed], when I will give the results of those entries.

I expect @Anonymous  will now be in bed @Mi-Amigo  and @pgn has only posted twice today and is now offline?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 50 of 334