cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NatWest trialling voice banking via Google Home

Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.itpro.co.uk/voice-assistant/34196/natwest-trials-voice-banking-in-the-uk

Good idea or accident waiting to happen?  I'm inclined to think the latter

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Far too dangerous in my opinion. It's just another exploitation for the hackers I'm afraid. If NatWest are going to implement this then their sister banks like RBS and Ulster Bank will no doubt follow.

Message 2 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Well this is my view @Anonymous
Progress we are told : there will be casualties of course. Remember - walked in front of automobiles with RED FLAG 🤭😁 at one time..I see a comparison 😁

Talktalk introduced customer voice security pass to CS. a couple of years ago. Not perfect.

It doesn't seem to matter what security measures are put in ....hackers, fraudsters etc will manage to overcome. It seems it's down to the individual to be on permanent guard.

Family training re this and measures instituted to
prevent or mitigate effects.

Akin to living in a war zone😐

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Not for me I'm afraid. It  concerns me with regard to you proving it wasn't your voice used to withdraw funds (if money goes missing)

My bank is changing access. Currently I can use online banking using memorable data or a card reader. Soon they will be changing memorable data and using a code sent to your mobile instead. Personally I can't understand how that's more secure?....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10674 Posts
  • 119 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
My bank is putting different security measures too @Cleoriff
Phone code is one I think email too.
If choice I won't be on voice isn't good presently didn't work well with TALKTALK.😡😡😡😡

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

All banks are going to be using two step authorisations now which can be a bit of a ball-ache but its at least a step up from the present system. Banks are trying to make it harder for fraudsters and whilst no system can ever defeat them it's at least some protection for your and ultimately your banks' money.

Message 6 of 6