Did you mean: 

🍷🎄My Favourite X-mas Recipe 🎄🍷

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

pexels-jens-mahnke-776089.jpgHey guys,

how are we doing? It is almost Christmas and nothing says Christmas more than all those heavenly scents coming from the kitchen.

While I am no wiz in the kitchen I do know how to make something perfectly suitable for this season.

So please find below my recipe for MULLED WINE

(It is technically cooking so don’t judge)

What you need:

• 1-5 bottles of Red wine (cheap)
  • 50ml of Rum (or to taste)
  • 4 Oranges (2 sliced, 2 squeezed for juice)
  • 7 cloves
  • 2 Cinnamon sticks
  • Star Anise
  • 50g of Sugar (or to taste but the sweeter the more headaches)

Instructions:

Put the red wine, the spices, the orange slices and the freshly squeezed orange juice in a saucepan and heat on a low level, but do not boil! Then add the rum and sugar and heat again briefly. Strain the spices and orange slices and serve the mulled wine hot immediately! Have loads of it!

Please share your holiday favourites - I want to learn. But please keep them easy 😹

Let me know what you are making for Christmas? What recipes are a success at your home? And what will you bring to the table on x-mas this year? I can’t wait to try all of the stuff you make.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

ohhh @Cleoriff that sounds ok_hand

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 22

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Very funny but not one I will be trying today or tomorrow (will be putting the gammon in the oven and the turkey in the slow cooker later...)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Deffo Ab Fab @Cleoriff x heart x

Got me a chuckling Cat

One to go into my personal Dropbox to savour year after year.

Message 13 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I got it off FB years ago @Anonymous . I couldn't stop laughing about it at the time. It would be just like me, trying the vodka over and over again and being so rat assed I would be wiping the counters with the cat....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
My step mum did something similar many years ago.
Was cooking Christmas dinner while drinking wine...
At one point she walked into the kitchen, then turned around and asked what she was in the kitchen for!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

The most stupid thing I did, when drunk,  was put the turkey in the oven upside down. Mum and Dad were here ready to be waited on....Got the turkey out, then went into floods of tears as I tried to carve it, still drunk and found nothing to carve. 'Muuuuum', I called helplessly. She came into the kitchen, laughed when she saw what I'd done, flipped the turkey the right way up and carved it rofl

Funnily enough it was the best turkey ever, not dried out at all as it was upside down!

I have remained sober nowadays, until everything is dished up... clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

The most stupid thing I did, when drunk,  was put the turkey in the oven upside down. Mum and Dad were here ready to be waited on....Got the turkey out, then went into floods of tears as I tried to carve it, still drunk and found nothing to carve. 'Muuuuum', I called helplessly. She came into the kitchen, laughed when she saw what I'd done, flipped the turkey the right way up and carved it rofl

Funnily enough it was the best turkey ever, not dried out at all as it was upside down!

I have remained sober nowadays, until everything is dished up... clown

LOL Maybe that's a great tip for others @Cleoriff - upside down in the oven and it turns out even better!

Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Marjo 

A friend of mine, who is a chef, said it was because all the turkey juices drained into the turkey instead of into the roasting pan. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

gmarkj
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
My dad has cooked his turkey upside down for years and is always excellent...

Message 19 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

So a mistake I made when drunk, turns out to be a good thing after all. rofl

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 22