Did you mean: 

Movies to watch over the Easter weekend

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

First of all apologies for the crossed wires but this topic is a movie discussion and not a movie night as mentioned in the Easter topic. I did intend on highlighting some fun Easter themed movies to discuss but after doing some research there is not a great deal of decent Easter movies out there! 😆

With the long weekend coming up and the pandemic restrictions behind us I've listed some movies that are in theatres over the long weekend! I'm planning on catching at least one over the holiday so let me know what you would recommend in the comments below... 

First up on my watchlist and the one I'm most interested in seeing is The Northman. Directed by Robert Eggers and with a star studded lineup (Alexander Skarsgård, Nicole Kidman, Ethan Hawke, Willem Dafoe and more) this action packed tale of revenge looks fantastic! I'm a big fan of the directors previous work and I'm really excited to see what he does with this story. 

Screenshot 2022-04-13 at 14.32.18.png

Next up is The Batman. Whilst I'm sure most of us have had enough of the constant Batman reboots this version comes highly recommended by both Friends and critics so I'm willing to give it a go! Staring Robert Patterson as a younger and unsure Batman facing off against Paul Danno's Riddler and Colin Farrell's Penguin this movie looks worth a watch! 

This next movie looks a little silly but is still on my watchlist. Based on the video game of the same name Uncharted staring Tom Holland and Mark Wahlberg follows a young (much younger than the games) Nathan Drake in his first treasure hunting adventure. It looks like a lot of fun and nothing too serious. 

Whilst the reviews haven't been great I'm still interested in seeing Mobius. The latest Sony film is the origin story of the Vampire anti-hero Morbius. I have enjoyed the previous Sony comic movies even if the reviews haven't been that good so it will be interesting to see how well they have done with this story. 

Last up on my Easter weekend watchlist is Ambulance, staring Jake Gyllenhaal, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, and Eiza González and directed by Michael Bay this is set to be a fun action/ thriller blockbuster that follows 2 bank robbers who hijack an occupied ambulance as part of a botched getaway plan. 

This is my potential watchlist for the long weekend. Is there anything in the cinema this weekend that I've missed that you would recommend? Let me know or help me decide witch of the above movies I should checkout. 😊😎

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I am very hyped about The Northman too, @Martin-O2! Didn't realise it was out this weekend. Will definitely try to catch it!

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 2 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

How dare you look down on the exceptional piece of cinema that is Hop @Martin-O2 !

Sorry, couldn't help myself.

All of those look really good based on the trailers, so would be interested to see any of them.
My next trip to the cinema is likely to be for Dr Strange 2 with some friends.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 6

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Haha couldn't resist @gmarkj! I'll 100% be going to see Dr Strange 2. It looks amazing! 

@lewys-gp Yes the release date crept up on me. Really excited for The Northman! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 6

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

There's a film studio I really like called A24. They used to bring out a lot of indie and quirky films (still do!), but have been involved in some bigger films now too.

I mention it because they have a new film out called Everything Everywhere All at Once. It's also a multiverse film (so the same as Doctor Strange), and apparently amazing. I read it's a mix of The Matrix and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 😮.

Now, if I've got you hooked, the bad news is that it's not out in the UK yet 🤣😑. But, I imagine it'll be released, maybe in cinemas and on a streaming service, within the next month... 🤞

I try to avoid trailers, as not to spoil anything for myself, but here it is:

@Martin-O2 @gmarkj 

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 5 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Looks really good @lewys-gp - will add that to my list of "to watch"!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 6