Did you mean: 

Movies in September

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's time for our monthly movie discussion! As usual I've listed a few movies I'm interested in seeing this month and would love to hear your cinematic plans for September. smiling Did anyone catch any of the films released last month or any thing from last months thread and if so what's your verdict? 

First up this month is one that I'm really looking forward to, The Predator! I've been a fan of the franchise since I was a kid and despite the current mixed reviews I'm still really looking forward to seeing this one. smiling

King of Thieves looks interesting, Michael Kane rarely disappoints and the true story this movie is based on of a jewelry robbery in London was fascinating!  

I'm also interested in seeing Loving Pablo which is another take on the Pablo Escobar story. 

Have you got your eye on any new movies this month or any recommendations for the rest of us? laughing

Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 12.11.22.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m looking forward to the latest remake of A Star Is Born. Lady Gaga seems perfectly cast in a role made famous by Barbra Streisand in 1976 (and Judy Garland in the 1954 film).

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I would be interested in King of Thieves (though will wait till it comes out on dvd.
The Hatton Garden jewellery heist was a brilliant true story. I don't condone theft at all but the planning which went into that was damn amazing. I think the nation sat with dropped jaws as the news story unfolded. upside_down

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

There’s a special screening of King Lear on 27th September, which is being broadcast live from the West End. I’ve seen a few of these productions now, and although it’s expensive for a cinema ticket (around £18), it’s actually a good way of viewing theatre, because you get the benefit of having different camera angles and close-up shots. Admittedly, nothing really beats being in the theatre itself (depending on your seat of course), but if you can’t get to the West End, it’s a good alternative. 

http://ntlive.nationaltheatre.org.uk/

Message 4 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Anonymous Yes I've heard that Lady Gaga is fantastic in A Star Is Born! I'm definitely be checking that out.

@Cleoriff I was the same! It was like something out of a film and it will be great to see it played out on the big screen! 

I'm seeing The Predator tomorrow night so will post a review with the appropriate spoiler tags. wink

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 5 of 8

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12067 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Must admit I did not see anything apart from the Ant-Man film - sorely lacking given what films were released.
Other than The Predator there is not much else coming out this month that interests me.
Venom though has really impressed with the trailers that I have seen (it is out first week of October...)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Martin-O2

They have a hell of a great cast on King of Thieves. Ray Winstone, one of my favourite actors, has just been on TV regaling us with funny stories about the making of it....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I still need to see Ant Man @gmarkj. I'm really looking forward to Venom too. I'm interested to see what they do with the character. 

@Cleoriff Agreed Ray Winstone is brilliant and rarely disappoints! 

signature

Message 8 of 8