Did you mean: 

Movies in September 2021

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's' mid September already which means it's time for another monthly movie discussion! Did anyone catch any of the films discussed in last months post? If not no need to worry I have a new selection of suggestions for this month. With things still a bit uncertain in the cinema business I've stuck to films available on the main streaming services. 

My first recommendation is There Will be Blood staring Daniel Day-Lewis as a bitter but driven oil man in early 19th century California who clashes with local preacher who's land contains oil deposits. A really great performance from Daniel Day-Lewis and the rest of the cast. This one is well worth a watch. 

Screenshot 2021-09-14 at 18.22.44.png

Midsommar is a movie I caught at the cinema back in 2019 and it's a really entertaining but somewhat disturbing film. It follows a young woman who's grieving the loss of both parents and her sister and tags along to a midsummer festival in a remote Swedish village. Things take a sinister turn as the locals start their summer rituals. 

Next up is one that I haven't seen but a friend recommended it. The Hunt is the story of a teacher who's life is tuned upside down by a false accusation by one of his students. It stars Mads Mikkelsen who's been great in everything I've seen him in so I have high hopes for this one. 

Another film I want to see is Sully: Miracle on the Hudson. The true story of pilot Chesley"Sully" Sullenberger landed his damaged plane on the river Hudson, saving the lives of everyone on board. Tom Hanks stars as Sully with a great supporting cast. 

Just a few suggestions from me this month. Let me know if you end up watching one of these and what you think. Any movie suggestions are welcome in the comments! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122762 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

I've seen Sully @Martin-O2. An excellent film.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I might watch it this week @Cleoriff! I'll let you know what I think. 🙂

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 4

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12042 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1121 Solutions

Caught Sully when it was on TV a few weeks ago. Great film, and was really interesting to watch. Tom Hanks does a great job.

Also seen The Post and Spotlight recently. Spotlight the better of the two, but both worth watching.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 4