Did you mean: 

Movies in September 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

There are some interesting movies coming out in September! Before we go over some of the highlights did anyone get to the cinema last month and see any of the films we discussed

Screen Shot 2019-09-12 at 14.11.39.png

It Chapter 2 is out in cinemas now, the second part of the remake of the classic horror 2 parter based on the Stephen King book looks great and has some fantastic reviews. I still need to catch the first part so I'll be able to watch them in quick succession. 

Next up is Running with the Devil, staring Nicolas Cage and Laurence Fishburne who are sent to investigate who's behind the hijacking of cocaine shipments of a international crime organisation. 

For sci fi fans Ad Astra will be the highlight of the month! With an unknown threat looming over the solar system an astronaut must track down his missing farther and unravel a mystery to save the planet. 

We have yet another Rambo movie called Rambo: Last Blood which sees Stallone revisit his violent past on a revenge mission. 

Hotel Mumbai is the true story of the awful terror attacks on the Taj Hotel in 2008. For something a lot more light hearted the Downton Abbey movie is out in September! Following the Crawley family as the queen arrives at the Downton Abbey estate. 

Are you interested in any of the above movies? Is there anything else out in September that you're excited to see? Let us know in the comments below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I've never watched Downton Abbey @Cleoriff but I did see the trailer for the film last time I was at the cinema and it looked quite good! 

@Anonymous, @jonsie I'm definitely interested in the Rambo movie! Based on the trailer it could work well with an older Stallone. 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 11 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I watched Ad Astra at the cinema last night! I kinda have mixed thoughts on it. I've shared some in the spoiler tag below for those who don't want to much detail before they watch it but I've tried to keep it spoiler free for the most part. wink

More info
First the good. The film looked fantastic! The visual effects were spot on and the shots of the various planets and facilities looked brilliant. I thought the first 3rd of the film was solid with a good progression and a cool chase scene on the moon. 

From there the story went a bit off the rails with an out of place action sequence and then the pace got very slow for the second half of the movie. The physics of the film were totally off considering the effort they put into making a lot of the other technology in the story realistic. 

It felt more like an art house experimental film set in space rather then a solid sci fi flick and it didn't quite land right for me. I got some Apocalypse Now vibes from it too due to the use of voice overs from the main character. 

I would still recommend it but be prepared as the trailers don't really give the right impression of the story. It's also getting some fantastic reviews so it might just be down to my personal taste. 

signature

Message 12 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I'm hoping to catch this in November so without reading the spoiler I'm not too sure I fancy it now Thoughful

Message 13 of 16

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'd still recommend it @jonsie for the visuals alone. Half the people I wen't with absolutely loved it and it's been getting great reviews so perhaps it's a love it or hate it kind of movie.

signature

Message 14 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Let me know what you think @jonsie ! I'm interested in hearing others opinion of it. wink

signature

Message 16 of 16