Did you mean: 

Movies in October

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone! 

October is here with a fresh batch of movie releases for us to discuss! Following the theme of previous months I've listed a few of the films I'm interested in seeing this month and would love to hear what you're planning on seeing! 

In last months thread I mentioned The Predator, which I was able to catch a the cinema. I enjoyed the movie but it was nothing like what I expected and was off the wall crazy! I would recommend but be prepared it's nothing like anything previously done with the franchise. 

On to October and first up is the movie adaptation of Venom staring Tom Hardy. I'm interested to see how the character stands up without Spiderman and if the PG13 rating affected the overall tone of the story. 

Next up on my watch list is Mandy with Nicolas Cage in the lead role doing his best work acting like a total maniac! laughing

I'm super excited by the new Halloween movie out this month, which is a direct sequel to John Carpenter's 1978 classic. 

A couple more I might try and catch are First Man, which chronicles the first moon mission and I still See You, which depicts a post apocalyptic world full of ghosts. astonished

Which movie releases are you excited about this month and do you have any cinema trips planned? smiling

Screen Shot 2018-10-09 at 10.12.33.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Jamie Lee Curtis was on The Graham Norton show on Friday discussing Halloween.

They showed a clip of it and it looks very good.

As for Venom. Well... it stars Tom Hardy so I would be VERY interested in that Drool

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 13

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Id most likly go see venom the others not so much but cinema is so expensive I hardly go lol
Message 3 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Been sorely lacking the last couple of months. Not been at all since Ant-Man.
The Predator did look interesting, but haven't seen it yet.
While the trailers for Venom do look interesting, I have been disappointed by some of the reaction to the film itself. Hearing that they dropped the rating from R (18 here) to PG13 (our 15) and cut quite a bit has me feeling like they sacrificed some of the film in order to increase the number of people that can watch it.
Mandy looks like it might be fun to watch, but not sure about anything else.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Forgot to give an honourable mention to Bad Times at the El Royale which also caught my eye when I saw the trailer...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Did you see the original @Cleoriff? A classic and still makes me jump to this day lol. joy

You're right @liggerz87 it's not cheap these days. I often wait for the Blu-Ray release but some films have to be watched on the big screen. 

@gmarkj yeah I heard they cut a good 40 minutes of footage from Venom which is disappointing but I'll still give it a look. 

Oh yes I saw the trailer for Bad Times at the El Royale when I watched Predator. It looks very promising.

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 6 of 13

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Some films yes but most time I just torrent them oh no naughty me haha but I not watched a film for while I just watch tv shows mainly
Message 7 of 13

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I did see the original @Martin-O2. Scary then, scary now...scream

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I tend to watch a lot of TV too @liggerz87. The quality is as good as a lot of movies these days! 

@Cleoriff I love how even if the setting looks a bit dated now Michael Myers still chills my blood. flushed

signature

Message 9 of 13

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I find it hard to concentrate so don't watch much films for that reason
Message 10 of 13