cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movies in October 2020 Halloween horror special!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

As the currently Stooktober and with Halloween coming up this weekend what better opportunity to talk about our favourite horror movies! 

Horror films come in a wide variety of sub genres from your classic demonic possession or ghost stories to Psychological horrors and zombie fims, there's much to choose from and everyone has their own personal preference and we'd love to hear your top pics and recommendations for some spooky Halloween viewing! 

Screen Shot 2020-10-29 at 17.21.48.png

I'll get the ball rolling with a few of my faves! I'm a massive sci fi fan so anything that mixes horror and sci fi is a must watch for me. Event Horizon staring Sam Neill and Laurence Fishburne is set aboard a once missing space ship that attempted to travel faster then light but came back missing its crew and haunted by a sinister presence. 

Pandorum is another great sci fi horror which tells the story of several crew members waking from hypersleep with no memory and something evil stalking thr broken down ship. 

I'm also a big fan of the classics like The Exorcist, The Shining and A Nightmare on Elm Street! Anything with zombies is right up my street too. 

Let us know your favourite horror films below and any recommendations you have for this Halloween's viewing.

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

One of my favourites was The Shining. Years old I know, but caused me many sleepless nights. Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 10

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

It's such a creepy film @Cleoriff! I remember watching it and having trouble sleeping that night joy

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

It's such a creepy film @Cleoriff! I remember watching it and having trouble sleeping that night joy

I read all Stephen King books @Martin-O2  and IT was the one which affected me badly. So frightening in fact, I use to push it under the bed so I couldn't see it when I woke up. I also wouldn't hang my leg out of the bed, however hot it was.Fear

My fear of clowns started after I read the book and watched the film.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 10

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The classics - The Shining and Nightmare On Elm Street - are among my favourite horror films, along with The Omen [which scared the life of me when I first saw it in a cinema] and Stephen King`s Christine.

Nice to see a picture of the O2 Community managers` office - before any decoration - @Martin-O2 yahoo  

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 5 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Nice to see a picture of the O2 Community managers` office - before any decoration - @Martin-O2 yahoo  

rofljoy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Martin-O2
I have never watched a spooky or horror movie, true. I would never be able to sleep. Laughed @Cleoriff not being able to hang leg out of bed know exactly what you mean!
Is reading worse than watching?
Fun spooky is ok, serious horror no way.

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 7 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@TallTrees wrote:
Hi @Martin-O2
I have never watched a spooky or horror movie, true. I would never be able to sleep. Laughed @Cleoriff not being able to hang leg out of bed know exactly what you mean!
Is reading worse than watching?
Fun spooky is ok, serious horror no way.

@TallTrees 

The book is always out before the film. If you have a vivid imagination like me then yes, I can be frightened to death rofl

Rarely, the film lives up to the hype of the book but as I know what's coming, I hide behind a cushion...upside_down

Now I'm older, I am ok reading horror, although I won't watch a horror film on my own. Fear

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 10

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Yes I think you are right @Cleoriff, probably reading is a little less horrifying. None of those startling scenes and music ...
I did see the film Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho...horrible the suspense gets me and that music when he stabs her in the shower.
Never again 🥵
Not watching horror movies means nothing in my brain to remember 😱

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 9 of 10

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Some really good ones I've watched:
It Follows
The Babadook
31 Days of Night
Alien/Aliens/Prometheus
Life
The Thing (both old and new)

A classic one I watched when younger was Invaders from Mars. Scared the bejesus out of me!

Not watched these, but have had them recommended to me:
Sputnik
Apollo 18
Lifeforce
A Quiet Place (1 & 2)

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 10 of 10