Did you mean: 

Movies in October 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's time for Octobers movie ! How did everyone's cinematic experience go last month? Did you catch any of the films we talked about in our previous discussion?

I saw Ad Astra at the cinema and I wasen't that impressed. The film looks fantastic but the story fell flat for me. Some of the people I went to see it with loved it though so it seems a bit of a marmite movie. 

cinema-4213751_960_720.jpg

On to October and it's only fair we start with Joker, DC's darker, character driven take on the classic Batman villain. 

Gemini Man is Will Smith's latest movie where he plays a retiring hitman who's being hunted by a younger clone of himself. 

Breaking Bad fans will be happy with El Camino which follows the story of Jesse Pinkman after the events of the show. 

Next up is Countdown a jump scare horror about an app that can predict your time of death, with precision accuracy! 

The last one too keep an eye out for in October is Zombieland: Double Tap. A sequel to the 2009 comedy this is definitely one to check out! 

Let us know your movie plans for October and if you've seen anything recently that you'd like to recommend! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You brought back memories @Cleoriff refering to Stephen King`s IT. The book wasn`t a problem for me, but the film - that was a "no no" I just couldn`t watch it all the way through [and I do not have a fear of clowns].

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 11 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

You brought back memories @Cleoriff refering to Stephen King`s IT. The book wasn`t a problem for me, but the film - that was a "no no" I just couldn`t watch it all the way through [and I do not have a fear of clowns].

I watched it behind a cushion @Mi-Amigo and until the film and book I didn't have a fear of clowns. Now they frighten me to death. The remake was even worse when they made Pennywise into a real monster of a clown. I haven't watched that. Nor will I. clown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25137 Posts
  • 809 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hijacking the thread slightly [sorry @Martin-O2 ], I was wondering @Cleoriff which is your favourite Stephen King book and film?

For me, my favourite book has to be The Shining and favourite film "Christine" thumbsup

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 13 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Hijacking the thread slightly [sorry @Martin-O2 ], I was wondering @Cleoriff which is your favourite Stephen King book and film?

For me, my favourite book has to be The Shining and favourite film "Christine" thumbsup

Hi @Mi-Amigo 

I honestly don't think Stephen Kings books translate that well into films. (with the exception of The Shining and Christine) I loved every single one of his books, until he started going into his Dark Towers phase. I lost interest at that point. He was better at horror. So I as pleased to get the Institute and will get Doctor Sleep next week.

So my favourite book(s) The Shining, IT, Cujo. and those are my 3 favourite films. Cujo was one of those films which made you feel so helpless. Like the couple in the car. rofl

Edited to add, I do love Christine (the film) It was also the favourite film ever for my youngest son. He will watch it every time it's on.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@RyanK1992@Cleoriff I think I'll try to catch In the Tall Grass this weekend then! I'll make sure I have some one with me. joy

@Mi-Amigo No worries I'm fine with my off topic posts going off topic. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 15 of 15