Did you mean: 

Movies in October 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's time for Octobers movie ! How did everyone's cinematic experience go last month? Did you catch any of the films we talked about in our previous discussion?

I saw Ad Astra at the cinema and I wasen't that impressed. The film looks fantastic but the story fell flat for me. Some of the people I went to see it with loved it though so it seems a bit of a marmite movie. 

cinema-4213751_960_720.jpg

On to October and it's only fair we start with Joker, DC's darker, character driven take on the classic Batman villain. 

Gemini Man is Will Smith's latest movie where he plays a retiring hitman who's being hunted by a younger clone of himself. 

Breaking Bad fans will be happy with El Camino which follows the story of Jesse Pinkman after the events of the show. 

Next up is Countdown a jump scare horror about an app that can predict your time of death, with precision accuracy! 

The last one too keep an eye out for in October is Zombieland: Double Tap. A sequel to the 2009 comedy this is definitely one to check out! 

Let us know your movie plans for October and if you've seen anything recently that you'd like to recommend! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Martin-O2 

I'm really looking forward to Doctor Sleep which is from a book by Stephen King and a follow on from The Shining. The character Danny Torrance was the child with psychic abilities in the Shining and the film shows him as a grown up.

Synopsis:

Still irrevocably scarred by the trauma he endured as a child at the Overlook, Dan Torrance has fought to find some semblance of peace. But that peace is shattered when he encounters Abra, a courageous teenager with her own powerful extrasensory gift, known as the 'shine.' Instinctively recognizing that Dan shares her power, Abra has sought him out, desperate for his help against the merciless Rose the Hat and her followers, The True Knot, who feed off the shine of innocents in their quest for immortality. Forming an unlikely alliance, Dan and Abra engage in a brutal life-or-death battle with Rose. Abra's innocence and fearless embrace of her shine compel Dan to call upon his own powers as never before—at once facing his fears and reawakening the ghosts of the past.

Any film based on King's books gets my vote.wink

I would also be interested in Gemini Man with Will Smith

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 15

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25023 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the review of Doctor Sleep @Cleoriff .

I haven`t read the Stephen King book [one of the few I`ve missed] but from the synopsis is one I will search out and will get the movie when out on DVD.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
I saw Joker earlier this month, a very good film. It seems to have divided opinion among critics, although most cinema goers have given it a thumbs up. Joaquin Phoenix has justified all the talk of Oscar nominations, he is brilliant in the role.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7286456/
Message 4 of 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo wrote:

Thanks for the review of Doctor Sleep @Cleoriff .

I haven`t read the Stephen King book [one of the few I`ve missed] but from the synopsis is one I will search out and will get the movie when out on DVD.

I've just read The Institute by Stephen King @Mi-Amigo . Brilliant. Back to the King I love.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 15

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the recommendation @Cleoriff, Doctor Sleep sounds really good! I'm a big fan of Stephen King and a lot of the movies based off his work are great. In The Tall Grass just came up on my Netflix recommendations and the book was co-written by King so I'll be checking that out too. 

I'm really looking forward to seeing Joker @Anonymous. A few friends have seen it and said it was fantastic! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 6 of 15

RyanK1992
Level 4: Observant
  • 90 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
I really enjoyed In the Tall Grass.
When I first started watching it though, it seemed to be very very similar to 'Children of the Corn' however the storyline very quickly deviated away from that.

Definitely recommend it slight_smile
iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Message 7 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RyanK1992 wrote:
I really enjoyed In the Tall Grass.
When I first started watching it though, it seemed to be very very similar to 'Children of the Corn' however the storyline very quickly deviated away from that.

Definitely recommend it slight_smile

I started watching it last night @RyanK1992 and had to turn it off. It was too close to bedtime for me and I knew I would have nightmares rofl

I will watch it though. Preferably in the morning time!!

I watched John Wick 2 instead and thought it was the most stupidly unbelievable film ever. Great stunts and that's it. rolling_eyes

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 15

RyanK1992
Level 4: Observant
  • 90 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Ah @Cleoriff I love my horrors!
I ended up watching Most Haunted last night well into the small hours slight_smile

iPhone 11 PRODUCT RED
Apple Watch Series 4
Message 9 of 15

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@RyanK1992 

I love Horror as well but can only watch it when I'm with someone (if it's at night.)

I can still remember reading Stephen Kings IT years ago when it was first released. I read it when I went to bed at night. It frightened me so much, that when I settled down to sleep, I had to kick the book right under the bed. It was an absolute no no if I woke up with one of my legs hanging out of the bed. Also popping to the loo was out of the question. LOL

I have a very very vivid imagination you see. Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 15