Did you mean: 

Movies in November

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

It's another month with another great batch of movie releases! In last months thread we discussed a variety of films and I managed to catch Halloween at the cinema. I thought it was a fantastic sequel to the original film and I'd highly recommend it for any horror fans out there! smiling

November wise I'm looking forward to Overlord which revisits the zombie theme in a world war 2 setting. 

I'm also interested in checking out Creed II a sequel to the 2015 reworking of the Rocky franchise. 

I'll be keeping an eye out for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald and The Girl in the Spider's Web both of which look great from the trailers. 

So, what about you guys? What are you hoping to see this month and do you have any recommendations for the rest of us? cool

Screen Shot 2018-11-14 at 16.56.51.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Ah, interesting what's said about the singing @Cleoriff in the article you posted. I'm only going by what Rami Malek said himself when asked by Ellen Degeneres, on her show, if it was true he did some of the singing. He said yes, it was a combination of him singing and Freddy's actual voice. So, did he lie on national television? Stupid of him, if he did.

Oh no, I doubt he would lie at all @Glory1. Maybe he did do some singing, though I can't remember him being asked on the Graham Norton show.

That article was nothing official. I found it when I did a google search on 'Did Rami Malik sing in the film Bohemian Rhapsody'.... It could be out of date for all I know wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 31 of 60

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

No I don't think he was asked on Graham Norton @Cleoriff. But Ellen, who had seen the film asked on her show. I wouldn't have thought he'd lie either as he could so easily be outed for it. Then, again, maybe I misheard him, though I'm fairly sure he did answer yes to Ellen's question because I recall being rather surprised at the answer; Freddy's voice being so distinctive.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 32 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Glory1

I am quite willing to agree he did do some singing...He would hardly be so highly commended just for his acting tongue_winking

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 33 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I saw “The Girl in the Spider’s Web”, and it was somewhat underwhelming  Smiley Indifferent

Claire Foy was surprisingly good, even if she did look a tad young for that role. But they’ve turned her into some kind of vigilante, and it’s more of an action film than a thriller, and it disappoints on both counts. 

Message 34 of 60

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Glory1 wrote:

Same here @Cleoriff, I am eagerly awaiting it's release on blu-ray. Rami Malek was afraid he wouldn't do Freddy justice. According to reports he has. And, apparently, he did some of the singing too. Interesting to hear how he sounds in comparison to the real voice of Freddy.

Isn't Rami Malek the cute pharao from night in the museum? 

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 35 of 60

jonsie
  • 92917 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So I saw “The Girl in the Spider’s Web”, and it was somewhat underwhelming  Smiley Indifferent

Claire Foy was surprisingly good, even if she did look a tad young for that role. But they’ve turned her into some kind of vigilante, and it’s more of an action film than a thriller, and it disappoints on both counts. 

That's a shame, I was looking forward to seeing it. Mind you, none of the films have lived up to the books.

Message 36 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122362 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

Same here @Cleoriff, I am eagerly awaiting it's release on blu-ray. Rami Malek was afraid he wouldn't do Freddy justice. According to reports he has. And, apparently, he did some of the singing too. Interesting to hear how he sounds in comparison to the real voice of Freddy.

Yes he was @ComaChameleon wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 60

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@ComaChameleon wrote:

@Glory1 wrote:

Yes @ComaChameleon and he's also in Mr Robot on Amazon Prime Video. He's very good in that.

Message 38 of 60

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Glory1

I am quite willing to agree he did do some singing...He would hardly be so highly commended just for his acting tongue_winking

Exactly what I thought @Cleoriff. Guess we'll have to wait to see the film ourselves to decide. 

For example, I knew Sheridan Smith was doing the singing for the Cilla Black biopic she did for TV. Her voice was surprisingly good and close to Cilla's but I knew it was her voice and not Cilla's straight away. So, hopefully, I'll be able to tell the difference between Freddy and Rami's.

Message 39 of 60

ComaChameleon
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 2200 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Cleoriff @Glory1

I normally don't like that southish type of guy, but he is really cute yahoo

Gloria, I only saw that series on Prime as a adverd, but not yet seen it... there is too much to see 😞

iPhone 14 Pro Max * 128 GB * Deep Purple * unlocked
iPad Pro 11" wifi * 128 GB * silver + Apple Pencil 2
Apple Watch Series 5 Nike+ (& Series 2)
MacBook Pro 15" 2018 + Magic Mouse 2
Apple TV 4K + HD
Home Pod white + mini

Mobile history:
Alcatel One Touch Easy * Nokia 3310 * Siemens A60 * Siemens SL65 * Nokia 6230i * Nokia 6300i * Apple iPhone 3GS (used) * iPhone 3GS (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 4S (used) * iPhone 4S (replaced by Apple) * iPhone 6 * iPhone 7 * iPhone XR * iPhone 12 Pro Max * iPhone 14 Pro Max
Message 40 of 60