Did you mean: 

Movies in March - 2019!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

There are some really interesting movies coming out this month with quite a few that I'm super keen to see! Before we get to that did anyone see any of the films we discussed last month and if so what did you think and would you recommend any of them to the community? 

The big release is Captain Marvel, the latest movie in the MCU franchise and the last film before the highly anticipated Avengers End Game. I'm a fan of the Marvel movies and have seen them all so I'll definitely be checking this one out. 

To give a bit of balance to last years very polished drama First Man,  Apollo 11 is a documentary that chronicles Apollo 11's mission to land a man on the moon. 

I came across the trailer for this one quite by accident but it really peaked my interest. Captive State is set 10 years after the occupation of Earth by a mysterious alien race and follows an attempted rebellion. 

A really interesting horror movie called Us is out in March in which a family are terrorised by their own doppelgangers! 

Lastly Danny DeVito stars in a live action Dumbo movie! I had no idea they were retelling this story so it's worth a look. 

What do you think of this months movie releases? Are you planning to see anything and which films are you looking forward to the most? 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.08.47.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
True enough @Anonymous.
Marvel have been doing it longer than anyone consistently (Ferris Bueller is probably the first film to have one). Iron Man in 2008 was their first self made attempt (both Fantastic Four and Incredible Hulk films were made by another company) to have had one.
The first Avengers film was the first to have 2 (one mid-credit and one post-credit), and that has been the case ever since (except Iron Man 3 and Avengers Age of Ultron).
I think it interesting how differently Marvel and DC have gone at this - DC is a much darker, grittier tone to it (just look at the colour schemes in Batman v Superman and the first Avengers!) as well as a slightly more serious feel.
It makes the shift from BvS to Wonder Woman quite striking really.
If you wanted to watch all of the Marvel films it would now take over 2 days without a break, including the end credits of each. So rather a lot to catch up on...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 41 of 41