Did you mean: 

Movies in March - 2019!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone,

There are some really interesting movies coming out this month with quite a few that I'm super keen to see! Before we get to that did anyone see any of the films we discussed last month and if so what did you think and would you recommend any of them to the community? 

The big release is Captain Marvel, the latest movie in the MCU franchise and the last film before the highly anticipated Avengers End Game. I'm a fan of the Marvel movies and have seen them all so I'll definitely be checking this one out. 

To give a bit of balance to last years very polished drama First Man,  Apollo 11 is a documentary that chronicles Apollo 11's mission to land a man on the moon. 

I came across the trailer for this one quite by accident but it really peaked my interest. Captive State is set 10 years after the occupation of Earth by a mysterious alien race and follows an attempted rebellion. 

A really interesting horror movie called Us is out in March in which a family are terrorised by their own doppelgangers! 

Lastly Danny DeVito stars in a live action Dumbo movie! I had no idea they were retelling this story so it's worth a look. 

What do you think of this months movie releases? Are you planning to see anything and which films are you looking forward to the most? 

Screen Shot 2019-03-13 at 11.08.47.png

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj  Yes it's a fantastic movie! 

I heard that there will be a new Avengers group with Captain Marvel, Spiderman Dr Strange etc but not sure how that will all fit in with the existing characters. I'm interested in what they have planned for phase 4! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 21 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

@gmarkj  Yes it's a fantastic movie! 

I heard that there will be a new Avengers group with Captain Marvel, Spiderman Dr Strange etc but not sure how that will all fit in with the existing characters. I'm interested in what they have planned for phase 4! 

That sounds interesting @Martin-O2 

I did like Dr Strange. There again I like Benedict Cumberbatch....wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
To be honest @Martin-O2, there is not one film that I have not liked and watched more than once.
Did you see the trailer that was released yesterday/Wednesday? Too excited...
Funnily enough @Cleoriff, I re-watched Dr Strange this week. Just re-watching Infinity War at the minute ahead of the trip tonight.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 23 of 41

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@Cleoriff  I thoroughly enjoyed Dr Strange perhaps for slightly different reasons to you. laughing

Totally agree @gmarkj. I can't think of a Marvel movie that I didn't enjoy and not seen at least twice. Often end up with a big grin on my face during the action scenes. joy

Caught the new End Game trailer last night! I'm super excited now! Think I'll re-watch the main Avengers films between now and the end of April to prepare. 

signature

Message 24 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Actually @Martin-O2  and to be completely honest, I watched Dr Strange as I couldn't believe Benedict could play that role....

To me he is, and always will be Sherlock. Having said that, I enjoyed the film and thought he played it to perfection.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 41

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Agreed @Cleoriff  I was a bit dubious when he was announced for the role but he did a fantastic job and the character is really likable.

signature

Message 26 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Completely off topic, I do worry that both Benedict and Martin Freeman are so involved with flims, that they won't have time for another Sherlock!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Agree, he is very good as Dr Strange.
But getting to grips with that accent is very difficult!
And T-Minus 8 hours until I am at the cinema...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 28 of 41

gmarkj
  • 12061 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
So, a quick spoiler free review of Captain Marvel...
I thought it was very good.
As an origin story it worked very well, I thought that (as usual) the special effects were very good.
I did not agree with some of the comments that have been made about the character/story/choice of actress that have been doing the rounds.
As usual for Marvel films, don't leave as soon as the film ends as you won't see everything...

Message 29 of 41

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Thanks for the mini review @gmarkj ! I'm happy to hear you liked it and I'm looking forward to seeing it even more now. slight_smile

signature

Message 30 of 41