Did you mean: 

Movies in June 2021

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's time for another movie discussion! As usual I've highlighted a few up-coming movies that I have either seen and would recommend or I'm interested in watching. Before we move on did anyone catch any of the films we discussed last month? As cinemas are starting to open up my list this month is a mix of cinema and streaming services. 

After seeing and really enjoying the first film I'm looking forward to A Quiet Place Part II which is showing in cinemas right now. This follow up to the first film which features monsters that hunt using sound and have taken out most of the human race is high on my watch list! 

This next film I'm planning to watch out of pure morbid curiosity sweat smile Fast & Furious 9 is the latest in the Fast and Furious franchise and unbelievably their on the 9th film! I've heard that they are quite fun but throw the laws of physics out of the window when it comes to car stunts. 

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 18.00.32.png

Next up is Awake on Netflix which follows the story of humanity's after a global catastrophe takes out all electronics and leaves the population unable to sleep. Sounds like a great premise for a film. 

The Suicide Squad remake hits the cinema and I'm really interested to see how James Gunn approach's the film compared to the previous version. It should be a lot of action, laughs and fun! 

Black Widow is coming to cinemas and Disney+ next month. Love them or hate them it's another Marvel film and we can expect more of the same action and adventure that the franchise is famous for. This film is set between Infinity War and End game and explores some of Black Widows past as a Russian assassin. 

Just a few recommendations from me out of the many films coming out over the next month or so. What are you looking forward? Let us know in the comments below! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

A Quiet Place Part 2 - Looks (Maybe NOT sounds though rofl) interesting, I enjoyed the first one, more for originality than anything else though tbh. But will watch and see.

F&F 9 - thumbsdown Not for me, preposterous upside_down nonsense

Marvel - thumbsdown thumbsdown Not for me

Sorry to be a party pooper but think I will stick with the football and tennis this month - And F1.

Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

F&F9 is one for me. A couple of hours of mindless fun

Awake, saw it and not impressed

Black Widow....yeah!!

Message 3 of 6

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I saw A Quiet Place 2 in the cinema last week and have to say it is really good too @Anonymous 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheresaV Oh okay, thanks for letting me know. I will give it a watch when I get a chance.

I like Sci fi, horror, thrillers, and if a film is a combination of all 3, then that's perfect. 

Message 5 of 6

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

It definitely is @Anonymous It's not too scary which was good because I am a chicken but very entertaining to watch smiling

signature

Message 6 of 6