Did you mean: 

Movies in July!

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

I'm going to make the movie thread a monthly thing so here's July's movie discussion! Did anyone get around to seeing any of the movies talked about in last months thread

July looks a little thin on big blockbusters but we do have the latest installment from the Mission Impossible franchise, Fallout. I've enjoyed the past MI movies so I'll definitely be checking this out! 

Escape Plan 2's release has moved to July and I'm still keen to check that out. Just for fun we have Dwayne the Rock Johnson in a new over the top action flick called Skyscraper!

So, is there anything movie wise you're looking forward to seeing in July? Let me know below. wink

cinema-food-movie-theater-33129.jpg

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Haven't watched anything new since the Infinity War.
I will try and catch up on the MI films before watching the new one.
Have you seen the side by side of the Skyscraper poster with the Die Hard one? Rather amusing...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Yeah I'm the same. Not seen a lot since Infinity War. Started watching Cargo on Netflix but my friend had an emergency 2 minutes in and had to rush off so had to put that on hold. 

The MI films are good fun. It's crazy that Tom Cruise does most of the stunts himself! 

I just looked up the posters. Pretty cool nod to Die Hard! 

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 14

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hmmm, we could be watching "A Nightmare in Moscow" on Wednesday evening or "Mission Impossible" on Sunday rofl

Message 4 of 14

sheepdog
  • 3310 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Yeah I'm the same. Not seen a lot since Infinity War. Started watching Cargo on Netflix but my friend had an emergency 2 minutes in and had to rush off so had to put that on hold. 

The MI films are good fun. It's crazy that Tom Cruise does most of the stunts himself! 

I just looked up the posters. Pretty cool nod to Die Hard! 

Except MI2. Just dreadful and an insult to the first one as a sequel let alone completely forgetting that MI is supposed to have an elaborate plot without guns and fighting. Remarkably, its 22 years since the first Tom Cruise one came out and the franchise is still going!

Message 5 of 14

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

If you get a chance, try and find a behind the scenes for the latest one - there is a stunt where TC is jumping from one building to another and breaks his ankle. Just be careful if you are squeamish....

But he still climbs up and runs towards the camera!

Apparently that is the shot they eventually use too.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 6 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

That scene with TC hitting the wall, breaking an ankle and running towards the camera has been the most talked about stunt of recent years.

I have never seen the film... but know about that scene from various news items and talk shows etc etc etc wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@sheepdog joy We'll have to wait and see tomorrow! Woah I didn't realise it had been that long since the first movie. 

@gmarkj@Cleoriff I'll have to give that a look. I know that he broke his ankle but I've not watched the video yet. Impressive he got up and carried on after. 

signature

Message 8 of 14

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
@Martin-O2, I saw Tom Cruise on the Graham Norton show promoting the film, which had yet to be completed because of his accident. He explained what happened and said he actually heard the bone crack as he hit the building, so knew something was wrong! And then to see the clip is both awe inspiring and sickening at the same time. That this man, now in his 50s, continues to do his own stunts, breaks his ankle and continues on; with his foot at a rather odd angle. He may not be the greatest actor but boy does he have some guts. You have to admire him for that, if nothing else.

And I can't wait to see the latest in the MI franchise. I've all the other films. And his stunts, cause I know they're really him and not some stuntman always puts my heart in my mouth.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 9 of 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I like Tom Cruise.

He appears to be a lovely man. At premieres he always stops to talk to his fans. I saw that Graham Norton show @Glory1 and he is a brilliant guest. Seems to be so down to earth

When he was on a previous GN show one of the guests said he was her Mum's absolute favourite.

He asked her to call her Mum and then took over the phone...they put it on speaker and you should have heard the Mother...she couldn't believe it.  So yes, he is a bit short for my liking joy...but a nice bloke nonetheless... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 14