Did you mean: 

Movies in July 2020

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

Welcome to July's movie discussion! As social distancing is still in place and the cinemas remain closed we're going to keep the focus on the main streaming sites, similar to last months topic. The movie recommendations below might not all be new films but they are all available on the 2 big streaming platform in the UK. wink

First up is The Equalizer 2 which see's Denzel Washington reprise his role as retired CIA operative, Robert McCall who deals out vigilante style justice to those who have hurt people close to him. I really enjoyed the first movie so I have high hopes for the sequel. 

Charlize Theron stars in our next film, The Old Guard that follows a group of immortal mercenaries who have protected the world from evil throughout the centuries. 

Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 11.48.53.png

Freaks is a mystery thriller about a young girl who is kept locked inside by her paranoid farther and told the outside world is a dangerous place but not all is as it seems.

I'm still surprised that the keep making these movies given Sylvester Stallone's age but if they make them I'll watch them! Rambo: Last Blood is more of John Rambo murdering bad guys in a variety of interesting ways! 

Last up for my recommendations is the sci fi classic Cube! 6 strangers wake up in a giant series of cubes that contain deadly traps with their memories wiped. If you've not seen this before it's a really entertaining thriller which will keep you guessing until the end.  

Let us know if you've seen any of the above movies and share any recommendations of films that you've been enjoying during the lockdown! 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12129 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
Old Guard looks really good.
Not really been watching too many films - have been catching up on Agent's of Shield on Disney+, but will have to swap to Prime once I finish series 5.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Agreed @gmarkj I'm really looking forward to it! I'll report back once I've seen it. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!

signature

Message 3 of 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12129 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1128 Solutions
Just remembered one for next month - Project Power (also Netflix)...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 6

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@gmarkj yes I saw the trailer for that over the weekend, looks really good! 

signature

Message 5 of 6

LukasB
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

I love cube @Martin-O2 !!!!! Good shout- I saw it on Prime the other day.

signature

Message 6 of 6