Did you mean: 

Movies in July 2019

Martin-O2
Former Staff
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey everyone, 

It's movie discussion time again! Before we get on to this months cinematic offerings did anyone manage to catch anything from last months discussion

First up in July is Spiderman: Far from Home which I caught in the cinema last week. The story follows Peter Parker on a summer trip across Europe and his struggle with balancing his secret identify with his love life. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-18 at 10.57.21.png

Quentin Tarantino's new flim, Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood looks interesting and covers the final years of Hollywood's Golden Age in 1969 Los Angeles. 

Next is Stuber, a comedy based around a detective with vision problems teaming up with his Uber driver to tackle crime. Not the usual film I'd go for but it stars Dave Bautista who's really impressed me recently so I'll be giving this one a look. 

The new verion of The Lion King could be interesting and a new action movie called Point Blank staring  Anthony Mackie and Frank Grillo looks good! 

What movies have you recently seen and would you recommend them to the community? Are you looking forward to anything coming out this month? Let us know down below. smiling 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Same here @jonsie. I'm a big fan of both Anthony Mackie and Frank Grillo so really looking forward to this one. I might go back and watch the earlier version at a later date though. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Yes I find is better to watch the present film before going back to the original. The special effects have advanced so much in the last 10 years. 

Message 12 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Would you believe I have 8 of the Fast and Furious films but have yet to watch any but the first I saw on TV joy

I'll get the ninth went it's out on blu ray but when I finally watch them, I'll watch them in the order they came out. Don't know if that's correct or not, but it's the only order that makes sense to me smiling

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

I've watched the first 6 dvds which I took to Thailand for her majesty a few years back. I'm sure I saw the 7th advertised as being on tv but I've either missed it or it hasnt been on yet. I'm looking forward to 9 as it was filmed in Thailand (or parts of it were)

Message 14 of 15

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

You're right @jonsie, Fast and Furious 7 has been on TV though I didn't watch it.

I really must get round to watching the 8 I have, preferably before 9 is out on blu ray joy

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 15 of 15